FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

I agree with chopey in the fact that they should be allowed to nominate themselves to host. But there's no fucking way they'd ever win it in an honest way though. Russia on the other hand I don't mind that much, politics aside it's a country that could win even in an honest democratic vote as it has some type of history.

chopey is on the troll rampage, has to be.

100% not, if the FA's around the world can't organise their leagues with 7 years notice to compete for 6 weeks then there is something wrong, and I hate the issue of players been to tired to play a few games of football

This should be the least pertinent argument against a Qatar World Cup, especially if FIFA had been sensible instead of spending 2-3 years talking about creating clouds, changing the climate, and other nonsense. :lol: Qatar was given the tournament 12 years in advance, and even now there are more than seven years to simply adjust the calendar for one year. It is also in a sense unfair, that some countries could essentially never host the World's greatest event because of Europe's schedule. Saudi Arabia, for example, has a fairly storied history in the game, but could never host a summer World Cup. In all likelihood, it goes off without a problem in seven years, the financial backing is massive and the host country is a safer proposition than Russia, Brazil, or South Africa.

As always the real issue has been the predetermined nature of Qatar's selection because of euros/dollars changing hands despite Qatar not meeting the criteria set out beforehand, and the morality of Qatar's method in creating a WC.

Guest chopey

Every country in the world should have the chance to host a world cup and not just the one's that fit into a nice little schedule

Every country in the world should have the chance to host a world cup and not just the one's that fit into a nice little schedule

even when giving it to a country  is a death sentence for hundreds of workers? I'd argue human life is a bit more important than letting everyone get a chance at hosting a few games of football like.

The 40 to 50 degree heat is in the summer it's more like 30 in the winter that's why it's been moved, I agree that Qatar shouldn't host but the organization issue is a shambles

Optimum temperature for football player health and performance is 16 degrees Centigrade and THAT figure came from a doctor at Qatar's Aspire Sports Hospital...

Have to say I'm enjoying the Team America: World Police aspect of this. Global game? Fuck it, we're cleaning this shit up.

It's without doubt the most impressed I've arguably ever been with any of this Team America stuff. It was clear everyone else was never going near it when it was mind bogglingly obviously corrupt so fair fucking play.

Guest firetotheworks

Qatar isn't really even a real country man.. Nor are the most worthy going by the ideal world scenario of every country deserving a chance. It's not a charity, country's should have an infrastructure and be developed. You wouldn't have the world cup in North Korea, this is no different.

Guest chopey

The 40 to 50 degree heat is in the summer it's more like 30 in the winter that's why it's been moved, I agree that Qatar shouldn't host but the organization issue is a shambles

Optimum temperature for football player health and performance is 16 degrees Centigrade and THAT figure came from a doctor at Qatar's Aspire Sports Hospital...

Scandinavia it is then for every world cup from now on

Spain was 30 +, Italy was 30 +, Mexico was 30 + USA was 30 + playing football in these temperatures is nothing new .

I need to confirm that I don't think Qatar should host the world they are basically spending £15 billion on worldcupland, but I just strongly believe that every country should have the opportunity to host and shouldn't be restricted by location or temperature or time zones

Didn't Qatar actually win on the premise that the WC would be held in the summer, but this wasn't going to be an issue as all the stadia would have air conditioning. Following the vote, it was then revealed that the climate controlled stadia was in fact a load of s**** and they were moving it to winter.  They won on a lie, most probably on the back of a bribe, and Qatar should not be holding it.

Qatar's temperatures in December/January are fine for football. Probably no different than what Spanish players deal with near the end of the season, and definitely less extreme than what was seen at the last World Cup in Brazil, where games were played in an actual rainforest and supporters had to hide from the sun during Netherlands/Mexico. Never mind the Beijing Olympics, which were in a harsh climate in the world's most polluted air. As always, keep players hydrated, have a cooling break if there are unseasonably warm temperatures (I think these should be mandatory in most matches worldwide anyway), and everything will be fine in terms of player safety. That argument is specious, imo.

Have to say I'm enjoying the Team America: World Police aspect of this. Global game? f*** it, we're cleaning this s*** up.

It's without doubt the most impressed I've arguably ever been with any of this Team America stuff. It was clear everyone else was never going near it when it was mind bogglingly obviously corrupt so fair f***ing play.

unless: http://stopwar.org.uk/news/fifa-vote-to-kick-israel-out-of-world-football-conveniently-blocked-by-us-intervention

(coincidence, surely)

Didn't Qatar actually win on the premise that the WC would be held in the summer, but this wasn't going to be an issue as all the stadia would have air conditioning. Following the vote, it was then revealed that the climate controlled stadia was in fact a load of s**** and they were moving it to winter.  They won on a lie, most probably on the back of a bribe, and Qatar should not be holding it.

Yes. This is exactly how it happened. Moving goalposts to the extreme

Didn't Qatar actually win on the premise that the WC would be held in the summer, but this wasn't going to be an issue as all the stadia would have air conditioning.

Yes, that was a cornerstone of their pitch. I was editing a magazine in Qatar at the time when the FIFA inspectors turned up in 2010. The heat - and the fact that the 'technology' Qatar claimed was going to be able to cool the stadiums (what they would have done about the rest of the country I know not) didn't actually exist, then or now - is why Qatar's bid came last, by some distance, of the nine submissions for the 2018/2022 World Cups.

Russia came 2nd last.

England came top.

Sepp Blatter is going to go from claiming to be in best of health when running for re-election to being wheeled into courtrooms with an oxygen tank, I guarantee.

Some great stuff on Sky News right now. Platini asked Blatter to resign. Blatter refused. Platini has not ruled out taking UEFA out of FIFA, etc...

Explosive stuff...

Personally think it should never go out of Europe

Seems to be a fair few who actually agree with this though... Or Europe + Aussie + US. At the end of the day a well run FIFA would never have voted for Qatar. But saying that a World Cup should only be played in countries where there are facilities and infrastructure in place already actually takes away a huge majority of nations who deserve a chance to host. FIFA should promote development in countries, because that's the power football has. A well run FIFA organization wouldn't pocket the profit made in Brazil for example and let the tax-payers pay for their party. FIFA should invest all their profits back into football by many different means including one of them being is infrastructure such as footballing stadiums and easier access to stadiums in countries where they don't work.

Enough of money being pocketed, it's a non-profit organization with a huge balance which should be distributed in many different ways. So many parts of the world where children don't even have a pitch to play on. The World Cup in South Africa was a nice idea, unfortunately politicians robbed the people of one of the benefits of having one there.

Guest GallowgateKev

Personally think it should never go out of Europe

Personally think it should be held in Asia every year.

Happy endings?

Sepp Blatter is going to go from claiming to be in best of health when running for re-election to being wheeled into courtrooms with an oxygen tank, I guarantee.

Should produce some fun memes at least