Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's how it will play out - 4 weeks of no-one knowing what's really going on, with Ashley finally pulling the plug on June 30th, when Rafa will leave. Charnley will then say that the potential takeover talk means they couldn't get Rafa signed on again (so it's not their fault) Pardew or Pulis signs on a couple of weeks later.

Once bitten, twice shy. Refuse to believe anything until it’s gospel on the bbc or even the official club website.

The worrying thing is I can think of many more plausible scenarios where this is a Keith Bishop PR stunt.

This one keeps coming back to my thoughts.

What if Rafa is going to walk. Talks have stalled etc. So this is either a ploy to get him back to the table, or he’s leaving anyway regardless and they want a bigger story to distract people with.

Guest godzilla

Once bitten, twice shy. Refuse to believe anything until it’s gospel on the bbc or even the official club website.

The worrying thing is I can think of many more plausible scenarios where this is a Keith Bishop PR stunt.

What if Rafa is going to walk. Talks have stalled etc. So this is either a ploy to get him back to the table, or he’s leaving anyway regardless and they want a bigger story to distract people with.

If Rafa had made up his mind to leave you would know about it as he is not one for messing about.

For me this makes no sense. Ashley to leak a fake bid from the middle-east to continue talks with Rafa? which will become exposed much faster than the date his contract expires? Even if Rafa believed it, surely he would say "OK - I will sit and wait for the new owners to talk to me".

If Rafa had made up his mind to leave you would know about it as he is not one for messing about.

Well only Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez know where that’s at right now. All we have is speculation guided by history.

He’s still under contract for another month so he’s hardly going to announce anything just yet.

It would be an aggressive PR move but I still wouldn’t put it past the club.

Guest godzilla

Well only Mike Ashley and Rafa Benitez know where that’s at right now. All we have is speculation guided by history.

He’s still under contract for another month so he’s hardly going to announce anything just yet.

It would be an aggressive PR move but I still wouldn’t put it pat the club.

Not stopped him in the past and all he has to do is drop something to one of his trusted media sources which he has done frequently throughout his management career.

For me this makes no sense. Ashley to leak a fake bid from the middle-east to continue talks with Rafa? which will become exposed much faster than the date his contract expires? Even if Rafa believed it, surely he would say "OK - I will sit and wait for the new owners to talk to me".

And is there any reason to distract the fans when it's the off season and when there is a good 48 hours or so to enjoy the meltdown over on the Wear?

There has been some PR bluster in the past to defuse toxicity in upcoming home games, but before the first person goes through a turnstile next season, we'll know Rafa's future one way or another.

Funny that You were getting all giddy last night :lol:

And is there any reason to distract the fans when it's the off season and when there is a good 48 hours or so to enjoy the meltdown over on the Wear?

There has been some PR bluster in the past to defuse toxicity in upcoming home games, but before the first person goes through a turnstile next season, we'll know Rafa's future one way or another.

:thup: