Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

That's a load of horsehit like, it suggest McClaren's tactics got us promoted.

Or is this one of those things that doesn't get applied consistently?

No, but if a manager takes over a well drilled team and doesn't change it (Like Bruce tried to do) they can coast off the previous managers good work for a while. Same principle applies to new manger bounce when they take over a team doing badly.

Dalglish after Keegan too. Made a couple of tweaks (Elliott for Ginola being a surprisingly successful one for instance) and while we improved end of that season, he couldn’t improve it. Souness for a while after Robson had a decent run before the shit set in...I see the same here.

Guest neesy111

That's a load of horsehit like, it suggest McClaren's tactics got us promoted.

Or is this one of those things that doesn't get applied consistently?

No, but if a manager takes over a well drilled team and doesn't change it (Like Bruce tried to do) they can coast off the previous managers good work for a while. Same principle applies to new manger bounce when they take over a team doing badly.

Dalglish after Keegan too. Made a couple of tweaks (Elliott for Ginola being a surprisingly successful one for instance) and while we improved end of that season, he couldn’t improve it. Souness for a while after Robson had a decent run before the shit set in...I see the same here.

:thup:

Also with Bruce and Dalglish.  They took over a team that wasn't in bad form etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

Manager of the year for having the Geordies above the drop zone in November. Rafa at the same stage last season relegated the club. Bruce has them back where they belong now though. Gold!

In closing - have you noticed what else my three winners have in common? Correct - they’re all British and Irish. And jockeying on the fringe in my thoughts were Chris Wilder and Dean Smith. Had it not been for some outrageously bad calls by VR Villa would be half way up the table now.

Yeah, we noticed *sigh*

It’s bizarre why Bruce is getting all this stick on here. I’ve never liked him but you can’t blame him for taking the job, he has got points on the board and by all accounts he’s a nice bloke. Once results turn he’ll get the abuse and I’ve no doubt he’ll be expecting it.

I’d much rather all attention was on Ashley, he’s the cancer and he’s still laughing at us. I don’t accept the Bruce is the face of Ashley or anything like that. Bruce is in it for Bruce, that Squires frame of him signing another contract is absolutely perfect for what’s happened here.

Nothing bizzare about it, might be misdirected but its just a response to all the shit in tne media. There's even been a few posts in this thread suggesting maybe Bruce isn't that bad considering results. Which is more bizzare imo.

It has been pointed out numerous times that whenever Bruce drifts from Rafa's system we lose, and lose badly. Anyone who watched his touchline performance during Leicester's dicking of us will know the guy hasn't got a clue how to change things dynamically.

He may be giving good pep talks and lifting spirits here and there but that won't see us through a season despite having a few tidy players. I'm convinced this is 90% Rafa's legacy and Pardew Mk II is winging it.

If I were a West Ham fan I’d be shuddering at the prospect of Benitez turning up in east London. If you thought it was bad under Big Sam you ain’t seen nothing yet guys.

This cunt gets paid to talk about football ffs.

If I were a West Ham fan I’d be shuddering at the prospect of Benitez turning up in east London. If you thought it was bad under Big Sam you ain’t seen nothing yet guys.

Who’s this? Chimp mitts again?

Who’s this? Chimp mitts again?

Yeah it's in the article he shared in that tweet (which he wrote).

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/221-take-a-bow-steve-bruce

Nothing bizzare about it, might be misdirected but its just a response to all the shit in tne media. There's even been a few posts in this thread suggesting maybe Bruce isn't that bad considering results. Which is more bizzare imo.

It has been pointed out numerous times that whenever Bruce drifts from Rafa's system we lose, and lose badly. Anyone who watched his touchline performance during Leicester's dicking of us will know the guy hasn't got a clue how to change things dynamically.

He may be giving good pep talks and lifting spirits here and there but that won't see us through a season despite having a few tidy players. I'm convinced this is 90% Rafa's legacy and Pardew Mk II is winging it.

We all know how it’ll end, I sit reasonably close to the dug outs and see first hand his touch line antics and his struggle to get to grips with his tactics when the other team aren’t playing like he expected. The first 30 minutes at home to Brighton he stood, watched and didn’t have a clue what to do to stop them stuffing us out wide.

All that said, he’s got us more points that I’d expected at this point and nothing should detract from the real issue - Ashley. It’s disappointing that there’s a real lack of anti Ashley songs at recent games.

All that said, he’s got us more points that I’d expected at this point and nothing should detract from the real issue - Ashley. It’s disappointing that there’s a real lack of anti Ashley songs at recent games.

Is the only thing going him for him at the moment - and that’s if you’re cheering for survival. He’s accumulated more points than expected, and looks like his team has enough about them to stay above some of the shit clogging up the relegation places.

As for the rest, though, can I just direct you to the first half of my sig? His very presence here enables Ashley’s continued reign. Bruce is propping up what you term the “real issue” - his success (!) guarantees more Ashley...