Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

i'm not convinced we'd have been that much better off at this stage under rafa, end of the season a different story

In fairness we'd only have to be one win better off to be fifth, so perhaps you could justifiably claim "top 7" or something along those lines.

It just baffles me how many folk seem to take someone saying Bruce has done 'alright' or 'ok' as them saying 'he's better than Rafa'. Bizarre.

Do Luke Edwards and Mark Douglas need to make it even more obvious for you to get it? :laugh:

You do realise that they (particularly Douglas) were actually massively pro-Rafa?

I know Edwards has been weirdly OTT in his defense of Bruce so far this season, but again i'll come back to the point that so many find hard to grasp - if you're pro-Bruce (or even fairly neutral) that does not make you anti-Rafa. Clearly, i'm wasting my time pointing that out to some on here tho.

i'm not convinced we'd have been that much better off at this stage under rafa, end of the season a different story

In fairness we'd only have to be one win better off to be fifth, so perhaps you could justifiably claim "top 7" or something along those lines.

It just baffles me how many folk seem to take someone saying Bruce has done 'alright' or 'ok' as them saying 'he's better than Rafa'. Bizarre.

Do Luke Edwards and Mark Douglas need to make it even more obvious for you to get it? :laugh:

You do realise that they (particularly Douglas) were actually massively pro-Rafa?

He’s been the opposite since this PR drive by the club to ruin his reputation.

Mark Douglas has been putting out articles saying Rafa Benitez tried to leave multiple times mid-season when he’s never left a club mid season to join someone else in his life.

They said he rejected multiple offers when he was here but now they’re saying he tried to leave multiple times it’s obvious why they’re putting out articles in The Chronicle like that.

Why put them out now? It’s obvious.

Ah, of course.

The Keith Bishop controls everybody and everything theory.

:facepalm:

Ashley and his cronies certainly control Steve Bruce. One thing you'll never hear from wor Steve is any demand to challenge for top six like Rafa did. That was why Rafa left ultimately, because he wasn't content to be leader of a club where the sole ambition was to avoid relegation.

We're doing surprisingly well and so credit where credit's due. What annoys me is that some almost have a 'See, we're better off with Bruce than Rafa' attitude. Only Rafa knows why he ultimately left and no doubt money was a big factor but i don't believe he was given any real incentive to hang around. Having seen the way previous managers have been treat here, Keegan, Hughton, Rafa, we're left with a managers job no credible manager wants to touch. That's why we're left with someone like Bruce, who is in my opinion someone simply prepared to take the job rather than being a manager of choice.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t hate him oddly enough, he’s just a shit manager who will do a shit job. I can’t comment now as I’ve not seen them play under him. Points to games ratio is decent to be fair though and their position in the table. Wait until the 8-10 game no win streak kicks in though with a few heavy thumpings in between, hopefully starting against Man City.

We're doing surprisingly well and so credit where credit's due. What annoys me is that some almost have a 'See, we're better off with Bruce than Rafa' attitude. Only Rafa knows why he ultimately left and no doubt money was a big factor but i don't believe he was given any real incentive to hang around. Having seen the way previous managers have been treat here, Keegan, Hughton, Rafa, we're left with a managers job no credible manager wants to touch. That's why we're left with someone like Bruce, who is in my opinion someone simply prepared to take the job rather than being a manager of choice.

Rafa left for the same reason as Keegan, he saw Newcastle as a huge club which should be challenging for honours. He was even prepared to build slowly towards that position, but in the end he realised that Ashley simply wanted to run the club on the cheap and avoid relegation. This led directly to Rafa leaving and Bruce coming in, because Bruce would happily drift along in 15th with his 'beloved home club' and call it a good job.

I don't think there's any doubt why Rafa left, he was fairly open and vocal that he wanted us to move on to bigger things because we should be a big club.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa left for the same reason as Keegan, he saw Newcastle as a huge club which should be challenging for honours. He was even prepared to build slowly towards that position, but in the end he realised that Ashley simply wanted to run the club on the cheap and avoid relegation. This led directly to Rafa leaving and Bruce coming in, because Bruce would happily drift along in 15th with his 'beloved home club' and call it a good job.

I don't think there's any doubt why Rafa left, he was fairly open and vocal that he wanted us to move on to bigger things because we should be a big club.

Most of the Toon Army would be happy with 15th every season under Bruce’s expansive football...

Most of the Toon Army would be happy with 15th every season under Bruce’s expansive football...

It does seem like that. I never used to think we had such a low opinion of ourselves as a football city but I guess I was wrong.

The players will soon look to follow Rafa...

Why would they? They get paid tens of thousands of pounds a week to play Premier League football, regardless of who the manager is. Players leave football clubs if the move suits them, i.e. cos they'll get more money/more glory/more chance of an international call-up. They don't leave out of principle re the board's handling of managers.

It’s only ever into the following season that a new managers style/plan/tactics or whatever, translate into the team.

He’ll get found out then I’m sure. But for this season it feels like am still watching a Benitez team so I’ve been enjoying it more than I thought I would.

It’s only ever into the following season that a new managers style/plan/tactics or whatever, translate into the team.

He’ll get found out then I’m sure. But for this season it feels like am still watching a Benitez team so I’ve been enjoying it more than I thought I would.

:thup:

That's a load of horsehit like, it suggest McClaren's tactics got us promoted.

Or is this one of those things that doesn't get applied consistently?

No it suggests after a longer period of time you get a more true reflection.

We saw constant progression over 3 years points wise under Rafa Benitez, will we under Bruce?