Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It was mentioned in the Olympics thread. Personally (and selfishly), I don't want him to be anywhere near the GB squad, mainly because he's just recovering from quite a long layoff - I'd rather he go through rehabilitation and get himself ready for pre-season tbh. Don't think he's ready for a return to competitive action just yet, it's a bit risky.

• 4 weeks later...
Meanwhile, United defender Steven Taylor is expected to be ready for day one of pre-season training.

The Magpies star has not appeared for the Tynesiders since December last year.

And despite making a good recovery from an Achilles injury sustained in the 3-0 loss to Chelsea, the centre-back wasn’t risked at the back end of last term.

However, Taylor will begin training with his team-mates again when pre-season gets under way on July 5.

The Whitley Bay lad will then be available for Newcastle’s first friendly fixture to make his long-awaited return.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/06/21/graham-carr-set-for-new-nufc-scouting-mission-72703-31228634/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1yQ58MQM7

• 3 weeks later...

Alan Pardew delighted by Steven Taylor's return‎

ChronicleLive - 4 minutes ago

ALAN PARDEW says that Steven Taylor's return to the fray for Newcastle United represents a “big boost” as he looks to make his first appearance for seven

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/10/alan-pardew-delighted-by-steven-taylor-s-return-72703-31359927/

• 1 month later...
Guest hydeous

Did Taylor manage to get some pre-season minutes in? What's our CB pairing going to look like? Colo and Williamson or Taylor?

Did Taylor manage to get some pre-season minutes in? What's our CB pairing going to look like? Colo and Williamson or Taylor?

Taylor has played in 3 or 4 games. He started on Saturday in what looked to be like our starting back 4 against Spurs.

Taylor has played in 3 or 4 games. He started on Saturday in what looked to be like our starting back 4 against Spurs.

That sounds very embarrassing considering the shambolic defending that took place  :lol:

Feels weird having him fit.

So weird, had the exact same thought :lol:

Hope he stays fit and Williamson doesn't play too much, I was getting sick of goals being deflected off his arse in. Willo done a great job but little things like that really annoyed me with him.

Feels weird having him fit.

So weird, had the exact same thought :lol:

Hope he stays fit and Williamson doesn't play too much, I was getting sick of goals being deflected off his arse in. Willo done a great job but little things like that really annoyed me with him.

I was running through the likely team for tomorrow in my head and by default was like 'Colo, Williamson...wait no...Saylor's fit'. The realisation kinda blew my mind :lol:

Little things like costing us goals? :lol: O0

Whey big things Ronaldo, should have phrased it better.

Honestly, the amount of deflections off Williamson , it was a matter of time before Krul done his knee from going the wrong direction and suddenly stopping.

Little things like costing us goals? :lol: O0

Little things like that Sunderland game last season. Nevermind the penalty, that chance that fell to him at the end I'm certain Taylor would've buried it and then ran the length of the pitch in celebration.

Fair enough Taylor is liable to the odd lapse/mistake/handball too but you forgive on the grounds of his commical acting.

Very much a fan of Taylor and looking forward to seeing him play again now that he seems to have gotten over his "best British centre back/£100k pw calibre" which seemed to posses him way back when.

Why is Ronaldo so mellow recently? It's fairly unnerving.

Fresh from a kill.

:lol:

Hope Saylor scores today mind. I think he'd end up doing laps of the town moor in celebration.