Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Two finance guys on talksport just said that the PL have been in discussions (embyonic) with the Saudis about pumping 50m into the game because they "love it" essentially making it impossible for them to then say they cant own NUFC

But they've been denying them owning NUFC for the last 6 months so I dont really understand this.

Two finance guys on talksport just said that the PL have been in discussions (embyonic) with the Saudis about pumping 50m into the game because they "love it" essentially making it impossible for them to then say they cant own NUFC

But they've been denying them owning NUFC for the last 6 months so I dont really understand this.

Maybe Qatar are only pumping £40m in.

Have you heard of a thing called a bung.

Have you heard of a thing called a bung.

yip, goes into something to stop it leaking......dont see the connection......... :cheesy:

Can we have this takeover please :lol:

What I don’t get is that Wrexham have been fan owned for a while because they had bad owners previously, yet at the first sign of money, or someone with fake, they sell up to them, and have voted to do so by the vast majority. As much as these people are famous, there is no reason to think they will be good owners, much more because the majority of their own fans along with the rest of the world are wondering why they have decided to buy them as it’s not really a money earner compared to what they can get elsewhere for their money, and their not much chance of success either.

The same can be said to the Portsmouth fans who sold up as soon as the former Disney CEO turned up.

What I don’t get is that Wrexham have been fan owned for a while because they had bad owners previously, yet at the first sign of money, or someone with fake, they sell up to them, and have voted to do so by the vast majority. As much as these people are famous, there is no reason to think they will be good owners, much more because the majority of their own fans along with the rest of the world are wondering why they have decided to buy them as it’s not really a money earner compared to what they can get elsewhere for their money, and their not much chance of success either.

The same can be said to the Portsmouth fans who sold up as soon as the former Disney CEO turned up.

This post has failed the ocular patdown.

They’re two popular people in the public eye. They’ll have advisors who’ll make them aware of how important a role it’ll be to avoid a PR disaster.

Don’t know how much advice Ryan Reynolds needs on PR - Wrexham fans will be hoping he can repeat the Aviation Gin trick...

jj238p16ip751.gif

Ta, but still a bit of a meh  :dontknow:

But it's obvious that you didn't know it was Staveley's husband.  Jesus, it's been in the news and all over Toon websites for about a hundred years.  Do you not feel a little bit silly/embarrassed?

I’m sure he’s devastated and will never haunt these boards again

Doesn't sound like he's desperate for cash, mind.

I reckon he's clean out of ideas, and will be out in 5years, max. He hasn't the entrepreneurial talents required to prolong himself as a businessman.

He might keep the club as a puppy to beat with a stick, whenever he gets the urge.