George Caulkin

Tooj

He's doing a live Q&A on the Athletic now with Chris Waugh and is saying some interesting things about Owen - "when Owen signed; he didn’t want to be there, the club bought him anyway and then he made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to be there every time he ‘played’. Paul Ferris’s book is really good on this. Shearer the manager and the whole club needed players with commitment. Owen had none. He was an awful, awful signing - pound for pound (at the time), the worst in their history, as far as I’m concerned."

"Owen hasn’t told us anything we didn’t already know, although it’s pretty startling to see it in black and white. I wish we’d never seen him in black and white .."

Love him even more now.

So Caulkin reckons Ashley is a difficult seller?

Well then George how about a trip to the Arab Emirates to do a bit of proper journalism on what ACTUALLY took place this summer - surely the ready made follow up story.. .yet to see this one pursued to the minutia and it's what the fans want/need to all know.

The Chronicle lads must have been told to drop it in case they get accused of proper journalism

I don’t think it’s news anymore TBH. Doesn’t really matter.

Of course it does, we would like to know who was moving what goalposts. Any truths to be dug out about Ashleys t&c are of eternal interest and pertinent to the future too.

I don’t think it’s news anymore TBH. Doesn’t really matter.

Of course it does, we would like to know who was moving what goalposts. Any truths to be dug out about Ashleys t&c are of eternal interest and pertinent to the future too.

Well, if you can be bothered to worry about it, fair enough. For me, Mike Ashley is a twat and not interested in working with buyers to do a deal. When he changes his mind on that, he might have a chance of selling. Wake me up when it's done.

Seeing as his articles tend to get quite a good audience on here and other sites I thought we could create a thread to post all of his articles in. Seeing as he has posted some fantastic ones in the past that I wouldn't mind reading again.

Anyone?