Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ElCid

So Ashley Out banners would have fuck all effect, but DW Sports banners would put immense pressure on him? Seems a weird contradiction.

Ashley out banners have had a massive impact in the past haven’t they - he still there taking the piss even more. DW is his direct competitor and by advertising that brand will have a direct effect. Not weird just common sense

What direct effect do you think they would have? Some people watching the TV are compelled to buy their sporting apparel from a different shop?

FWIW I'm not saying it's a bad idea as such, I just find it odd that you're vehemently against one particular banner and so convinced by another.

Guest ElCid

What direct effect do you think they would have? Some people watching the TV are compelled to buy their sporting apparel from a different shop?

FWIW I'm not saying it's a bad idea as such, I just find it odd that you're vehemently against one particular banner and so convinced by another.

The effect it will have on Ashley that supporters of the club he owns are advertising his main business competitor. It will also get more people and the media asking why. It will impact on sales of sports direct in at least Newcastle also so yes it will have a lot more impact than the Ashley Out campaign which does not impact anything to him either personally or professionally and the media in the main apart from the local reporters have took no interest in either. Why repeat something which just has no effect. Doesn’t even have to be DW it could be don’t buy sports direct. Personal to him doesn’t work one bit need to change the anti.

While I agree with the idea about putting pressure on SD...not sure the average match goer will be that pumped up about protesting against Sports Direct. A simple Ashley Out is probably an easier approach.

Well if they don’t realise that just does fuck all and he would be laughing his arse of at that they’re either thick or as I said sheep. Ashley Out has fuck all effect and never will.

I'm getting to the point of fully believing that he's such a stubborn cunt that he won't leave no matter what fans do do.  He'll leave when he wants to and there's little we can do about it.

Unless there's a literal physical threat to him or his family or something else completely mental like that (Italy has been mentioned) he's not going anywhere until he decides to

he'll sign his own exit papers next time he gets us relegated imo, i really don't see how he gets lucky enough to stumble into a manager that get us a 3rd straight promotion...he'll gamble on wages like he's done the last two times and when we don't get promoted he'll shut everything down, sell everything he can etc.

that will be the start of it imo

EDIT: in reality that probably means another 4-5 years at least

There's never been a prolonged large scale protesting & boycotting against him. Whether that's realistic is a different matter but to say it doesn't and won't work is complete bollocks.

Think that's true for any form of protest. If people are protesting Sports Direct for one or two matches it won't have any more effect. Anything that happens needs to be long term. He needs to know it won't stop until he goes.

Guest ElCid

While I agree with the idea about putting pressure on SD...not sure the average match goer will be that pumped up about protesting against Sports Direct. A simple Ashley Out is probably an easier approach.

Well if they don’t realise that just does fuck all and he would be laughing his arse of at that they’re either thick or as I said sheep. Ashley Out has fuck all effect and never will.

I'm getting to the point of fully believing that he's such a stubborn cunt that he won't leave no matter what fans do do.  He'll leave when he wants to and there's little we can do about it.

Unless there's a literal physical threat to him or his family or something else completely mental like that (Italy has been mentioned) he's not going anywhere until he decides to

You may well be right but there is  need to try something and en masse. Otherwise come next summer this club will just be in a hopeless position.

he'll sign his own exit papers next time he gets us relegated imo, i really don't see how he gets lucky enough to stumble into a manager that get us a 3rd straight promotion...he'll gamble on wages like he's done the last two times and when we don't get promoted he'll shut everything down, sell everything he can etc.

that will be the start of it imo

EDIT: in reality that probably means another 4-5 years at least

Correct, but my bet is three years.

You may well be right but there is  need to try something and en masse. Otherwise come next summer this club will just be in a hopeless position.

And by doing something en masse it may just persuade Raffa to see this out beyond the end of his current contract... meek acceptance may help him decide it's all not worth the effort .

Of course. I'm not saying we don't try anything :lol: Would be foolish not to

I wish we would stop criticising the merits of the different approaches groups take to show their unhappiness at the current regime.

Regardless if you agree or dont agree - someone is getting off their ass and doing something about it. Please would everyone rally behind every supporter who is doing something, regardless if you think it is more or less effective than your preferred approach.

The more groups doing something, the better.

Pisses me off when I hear "Well, hashtags on twitter dont do anything", or "A boycott wont do anything", or "Banners dont do anything".

They will all do something in aggregate, so SUPPORT THEM ALL.

/RantOver :)

I wish we would stop criticising the merits of the different approaches groups take to show their unhappiness at the current regime.

Regardless if you agree or dont agree - someone is getting off their ass and doing something about it. Please would everyone rally behind every supporter who is doing something, regardless if you think it is more or less effective than your preferred approach.

The more groups doing something, the better.

Pisses me off when I hear "Well, hashtags on twitter dont do anything", or "A boycott wont do anything", or "Banners dont do anything".

They will all do something in aggregate, so SUPPORT THEM ALL.

/RantOver :)

:thup: I said the same on Twitter when everyone was calling out the wording of the "if Rafa goes we go" petition. It's less important what it says than what it means. Rather than argue over the intricacies of what it should/shouldn't say, threaten or offer, it's a focal point of frustration. Rather than be divided over wording we should be United by intent.

People have different ideas of what might be effective but the reality is whatever we do if we do it in unison then we will be heard 50,000 with the same agenda, even if it was another mock funeral ([emoji38]) would make people stand up and listen.

In two minds about a boycott, it would hurt Rafa just as much I think.

What happened before was after years of terrible football on the pitch and excuse after excuse by that snake oil merchant managing the team.

We can hardly say that’s the case now, our team give it all on the pitch and they deserve our support.

A boycott wouldn’t hurt Ashley financially as we’ve sold all of our season tickets. They’ll just report the tickets sold figures.

Like someone mentioned here before.. a protest holding everything up outside his warehouse would make national news and effectively interrupt profits for a time. Occupy SD?

That would get his attention.

The real question is, which of you daft fuckers would actually go all the way and carry something like that out?

What happened before was after years of terrible football on the pitch and excuse after excuse by that snake oil merchant managing the team.

We can hardly say that’s the case now, our team give it all on the pitch and they deserve our support.

A boycott wouldn’t hurt Ashley financially as we’ve sold all of our season tickets. They’ll just report the tickets sold figures.

Like someone mentioned here before.. a protest holding everything up outside his warehouse would make national news and effectively interrupt profits for a time. Occupy SD?

The real question is, which of you daft fuckers would actually go all the way and carry something like that out?

Agree with all of this tbf

What does a boycott (with Rafa still here) achieve? Like you said the ticket money is gone anyway. Is it a form of protest to let Ashley know we want him out? Cause he sure as hell knows that already and doesn't give a flying fuck.  Hurt his business and he'll take notice

Guest ElCid

What does a boycott (with Rafa still here) achieve? Like you said the ticket money is gone anyway. Is it a form of protest to let Ashley know we want him out? Cause he sure as hell knows that already and doesn't give a flying fuck.  Hurt his business and he'll take notice

The boycott would only impact if people (and large numbers) had not renewed so absolutely no point whatsoever going down that route now.

The boycott would only impact if people (and large numbers) had not renewed so absolutely no point whatsoever going down that route now.

It's all about the negative attention. It's pretty clear it pisses him off when national media picks up on it.

Guest The Little Waster

Theres no need for demos or owt else in that vein , just stop going , thats all we need to do

Theres no need for demos or owt else in that vein , just stop going , thats all we need to do

There's absolutely no way enough people would do that just like that. Probably not even with people campaigning for it but definitely not without.

There's definitely a need for demonstrations. A massive need.

Guest The Little Waster

Say theres a few demos and Ashley decides to wave some £ Rafas way .... the protests , just like last time will peter out , people will still attend and Ashley will still be here ...

If their were 20,000 fewer people in the stadium, but thousands outside the stadium chanting Rafa's name for 90 minutes during the game - this would both send a clear message to Ashley (with television pictures to show an empty stadium) and a clear message of support to Rafa (Rafa's chant being heard on the television from outside the stadium).