Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Would be 3 good additions, why shouldn't they vote yes? Coupled with Ki, Dubravka & Kenedy that's a good group of players. Not allowed to be happy like?

We'd still be short of a number 10, a centre mid (assuming Hayden goes) and a decent right back to push Yedlin

Imo Manquillo will stay, Perez will continue as no.10 (deservedly so) and if Hayden does go he will be replaced. You're right, all those positions would ideally be upgraded, but I'd happy enough with the 6 players mentioned in the past few comments, I think we would be a far stronger squad with them.

Would be 3 good additions, why shouldn't they vote yes? Coupled with Ki, Dubravka & Kenedy that's a good group of players. Not allowed to be happy like?

I wouldn't be panicking about the season anymore but it's still a pisstake. Reason being is we've got a manager we can really kick on with and build and we actively don't want to; pissing about with his top targets (Pléa) and not releasing the funds for other areas. Those 3 signings I'd have but only because we're in such a dire predicament in the window.

Yet another fucking season with Pérez as our only #10 then :anguish:

Came good last part of last season tbf. Top scorer was he? Not that it says much as our strikers couldn't finish their dinner.

When's he ever performed well across a whole season? I've always had time for him but it's a joke to have no alternative there, again.

We'd still be short of a number 10, a centre mid (assuming Hayden goes) and a decent right back to push Yedlin

Imo Manquillo will stay, Perez will continue as no.10 (deservedly so) and if Hayden does go he will be replaced. You're right, all those positions would ideally be upgraded, but I'd happy enough with the 6 players mentioned in the past few comments, I think we would be a far stronger squad with them.

If Perez dips in form or gets injured we've got no other number 10, it's a bad situation to be in. He's been our only competent number 10 for about 3 seasons now (Diame had only a handful of good games in the Championship) and there's still an argument to say it's not his best position

We’re almost as desperate for another 10 as we are for a striker.

Are we though? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to appear like that dog in a burning room meme saying "this is fine" and I know if we were a normal footballing institution we would look to be upgrading that position but chances a plenty were created last season, it was putting them away which was our achilles heel.

I'd rather starve to death, okay.

:lol: Then I've got wonderful news for you.

Starving to death > ten more years of Ashley

:lol: But it's not one over the other. It's both.

Came good last part of last season tbf. Top scorer was he? Not that it says much as our strikers couldn't finish their dinner.

When's he ever performed well across a whole season? I've always had time for him but it's a joke to have no alternative there, again.

His debut season had probably his most consistent performances. Again, if we were a normal football club I'd be clamouring for an upgrade there also but the desperation for a striker is greater imo.

I'd rather starve to death, okay.

:lol: Then I've got wonderful news for you.

Starving to death > ten more years of Ashley

:lol: But it's not one over the other. It's both.

I'm gonna starve myself to death irl if I have to suffer ten more years

:lol: NBA runs at the same time as this, man. I'll allow you to support my Knicks.

I wouldn't be panicking about the season anymore but it's still a pisstake. Reason being is we've got a manager we can really kick on with and build and we actively don't want to; pissing about with his top targets (Pléa) and not releasing the funds for other areas. Those 3 signings I'd have but only because we're in such a dire predicament in the window.

Yep true enough. It's probably time people stop going into transfer windows expecting big signings like Plea mind, it's not happening while Ashley is here, we know this. I'm happy with the players Rafa has identified as 2nd/3rd choices, I think the signings of Ki & Rondon if it goes through will be particularly astute. I get the frustration, but what I don't get is why people continue to build up what is now an unrealistic expectation going into windows and then flap about pissed off when their imaginary transfer window doesn't materialise. I'm just looking forward to seeing what Rafa can get out of this group of players again tbh, I loved watching the team again last season. Not sure what awaits us beyond that, but I'm not going to concern myself with that at present.

His debut season had probably his most consistent performances. Again, if we were a normal football club I'd be clamouring for an upgrade there also but the desperation for a striker is greater imo.

Priority was striker then #10 this summer, it was clear to see. They cost money though. We had better options there in the Championship season but since Diame dropped back we're making do in one of the most important positions in 4231.

Priority was striker then #10 this summer, it was clear to see. They cost money though. We had better options there in the Championship season but since Diame dropped back we're making do in one of the most important positions in 4231.

Agreed.

Yep true enough. It's probably time people stop going into transfer windows expecting big signings like Plea mind, it's not happening while Ashley is here, we know this. I'm happy with the players Rafa has identified as 2nd/3rd choices, I think the signings of Ki & Rondon if it goes through will be particularly astute. I get the frustration, but what I don't get is why people continue to build up what is now an unrealistic expectation going into windows and then flap about pissed off when their imaginary transfer window doesn't materialise. I'm just looking forward to seeing what Rafa can get out of this group of players again tbh, I loved watching the team again last season. Not sure what awaits us beyond that, but I'm not going to concern myself with that at present.

Was Pléa much of a big signing though? I hadn't heard of him before the link and £22m isn't much in today's market. We did bid £20m, BMG came in with £2m extra and that was that, that's what pissed me off about it. A measly £2m extra allowed a midtable Bundesliga club to beat us to him. Really irks me. And the choices this window have been better than last season's summer, fair enough but it's not the first choices. I don't think expecting the club to back Rafa Benitez and get his first choice targets is unrealistic. It is for this regime, yes, but that's the frustrating thing. Not so much people demanding we throw £20m here and £30m there.