Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Surprised he is still Fleetwood manager to be honest

Would open them up to lawsuits firing him before he's officially charged with anything. Gardening leave would be the most they could do until that point I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t even joke about it myself.  Barton fits the usual Mike Ashley criteria of being cheap, under qualified, and likely to cause the club embarrassment.

Other than him hating Ashley that is. To be fair it wouldnt be the worst he might take himself and Ashley out of the equation in one fall blow.

I wouldn’t even joke about it myself.  Barton fits the usual Mike Ashley criteria of being cheap, under qualified, and likely to cause the club embarrassment.

Nah Barton speaks out a bit much for Ashley and would give him problems. Ashley likes a gimp who says nothing and requests nothing for the team and the club. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Howay, bump..

Stumbled on a video of Joey talking about Newcastle from years back...

It's probably been posted in pages past, but the words he says about the club 10 years ago, are still the inner-workings of the club now...

"Mike Ashley is the Ayatollah, nothing happens without his say so..."

"every Premier League club since 1992, had these arrangements in place (player performance bonus contracts), they decided that we we're paid workforce, which they probably have an argument; and for Sports Direct, we should do what the subordinates do at Sports Direct do...."

(2020 example: Furloughing, despite being a Premier League club)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest HTT II
2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This might be the thing that stops his weird hero status here. He’s a horrible man. 

And a horrible footballer too.