Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Douglas, deary me, now we should question everything apparently, despite his lot baiting the fans with every bombastic headline going throughout this entire saga and doubling-down defending it because "it all goes in the live blog"

Suppose it's an easier line to take than "I knew absolutely fuck all about what was happening for the last 17 weeks"

What we thinking then, this will just play out into nothingness?

Honestly, probably. The consortium haven’t officially pulled out of the D&O test, but will not engage with the Premier League anymore and will wait for an official response by them. In the end the Premier League won’t make a response. It all comes down to if Saudi Arabia are willing to gamble on threatening to pull out of trade deals with the U.K. government in order to force the Premier League’s hand.

Henry Mauriss has huge red flags all over him. Billionaires can not keep themselves out of financial media and blogs. People write about them constantly and their net worth info is everywhere. There's no way he's rich and managed to fly under the radar like this. All the google search results about him are only in reference to this alleged bid for our club.

Henry Mauriss has huge red flags all over him. Billionaires can not keep themselves out of financial media and blogs. People write about them constantly and their net worth info is everywhere. There's no way he's rich and managed to fly under the radar like this. All the google search results about him are only in reference to this alleged bid for our club.

Except for the google results which implicate him in fraud allegations.

They’re getting absolute pelters online, how long can we keep this up for?

Wouldn’t it be amusing if they had to make their Twitter private like KBA.. their silence on the matter is quite telling

Wouldn’t it be amusing if they had to make their Twitter private like KBA.. their silence on the matter is quite telling

They can’t make their twitter profile private, it being open is the whole point in their account.

If it continues though, they will just employ someone to ban all the people who post negative stuff on it.

They'll potentially disable replies, but then that limits the point of their tweets in the first place which are designed to provoke engagement. It will annoy them at the very least which is all the more reason to carry on doing it.

They'll potentially disable replies, but then that limits the point of their tweets in the first place which are designed to provoke engagement. It will annoy them at the very least which is all the more reason to carry on doing it.

They have a very high engagement in their posts and basically 50% of what I’m seeing is takeover related.

As someone above said, they’ll have to have very thick skin to weather this. They’ve fucked us over, we won’t forget this in a hurry no matter how much the rest of the media will want us to.

Except for the google results which implicate him in fraud allegations.

Exactly why Ashley will gleefully hand the keys over. Not my problem now.

What we thinking then, this will just play out into nothingness?

It feels like it already has.

It kinda had before they pulled out.

Definitely. Consciously or subconsciously, we probably all knew it was coming.

The Mauriss deal would get us closer to better owners than keeping Ashley now that the Saudis bid is done. And by that I mean any good owners will find it easier to buy from Mauriss than Ashley.

That’s based on absolutely nothing other than surely he can’t be as thick skinned and difficult to deal with as Ashley surely.

Aye, when Ashley bought the club, it was public knowledge that the bloke was rich.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2007/may/23/football

Yep. He was media shy but when your worth strays into the billions you tend to develop a profile even if it’s just within your particular niche. If Mauriss has anything approaching £350m I’ll butter and eat my own arse.

Aye, when Ashley bought the club, it was public knowledge that the bloke was rich.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2007/may/23/football

Yep. He was media shy but when your worth strays into the billions you tend to develop a profile even if it’s just within your particular niche. If Mauriss has anything approaching £350m I’ll butter and eat my own arse.

I for one am really hoping he now does  :lol: :lol: