C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Typical PFM to be honest.

Doesn’t do tactics, just wants to rely on ‘pashun’, English grit and running more.

‘...and that’s the Burnley way’

This is exactly it.  Souness is the same.  "In my day the manager put the players on the pitch and they worked it out".  What's the point in you then?

Just a slight variation on "once the players cross that white line that's it, it's up to them" or other such shit. Completely laying any blame at the players in advance because they were the other side of a line. Not me guv, I don't play the game etc

Same. In one way it's refreshing because it just confirms what we knew from watching his teams play, which is he has no tactical plan. But also, how bad is his personality disorder that he says something like that thinking it makes him look good..

I have little doubt that Bruce is of the same mindset.

Of course he is, that's why no defence of Bruce will ever be in depth, it will always be about his man-management - which basically translates as he's a canny bloke is wor Steve.

The real highly rated managers can't help talking about tactics, players roles, team shape and so on. Rafa, Mourinho, Pochettino, Pep and the rest live for that stuff.

• 1 month later...