Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Play him with quality players in the PL (few pacy one's) and I'm absolutely certain that he'd look the part there as well.

He's such a good footballer and an intelligent one at it.

Totally agree. He's one player I've got no worries about in the PL next season.

I love this lad! Such a great signing. Said it before but I think Knockaert is overrated.

How is he overrated? He's about to be promoted for the second time in 3 and a half seasons in the championship. He's the perfect player at this level and is showing it. He's scored 13 goals and got 8 assists. Matt Ritchie has 11 goals and 7 assists to compare.

Guest Howaythetoon

Our best player and player of the season for me. He has really stepped up to the challenge these last few critical months. He will do a job for us in the Premier League no problem and has proven his value for me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Knockaert is my kind of player btw, constantly a threat on the ball. He's better than Ritchie.

I feel like even if he isn't as consistent in the PL next season as he is now, we should always have him starting. Would rather have him than a hot shot continental winger that will perform better for two years but then leave at the first opportunity. I feel like Ritchie knows he's at a huge club and appreciates it.

I hope Ritchie stays for years to come. There may be better players out there, but his character is worth a whole lot more.

Very true. We need to get some pace into other areas of the pitch to compliment his tenacity.

I love this lad! Such a great signing. Said it before but I think Knockaert is overrated.

How is he overrated? He's about to be promoted for the second time in 3 and a half seasons in the championship. He's the perfect player at this level and is showing it. He's scored 13 goals and got 8 assists. Matt Ritchie has 11 goals and 7 assists to compare.

Maybe I should have said that "he's overrated by some people on here". Some are even mentioning him as a signing for the PL, for what he'd cost we could get better easily Imo. He's been poor for Brighton in quite many games from what I've read on their forum during the season, that he often tries to do the same thing over and over despite that it isn't working in some games and that he should look to have some variation at times. Yes he's the kind of player that needs to try and should be allowed to fail and all that. But he's not all that from what I've seen (which isn't every game tbf). Having said that, yes he's a good player at this level, no doubts about it, but also overrated to some degree. I might be biased but I think Ritchie is the better player, but that's just my opinion.

His goals tally is what 14 in all comps, that would have been good enough to be top scorer for us in all but 2 season over the last decade, pretty darn impressive, the goal last night was a beauty.

Knockaert is my kind of player btw, constantly a threat on the ball. He's better than Ritchie.

I wonder if Dummet has Ritchie in his pocket in training as much as he had Knockaert. Twice.

I wonder if Dummet has Ritchie in his pocket in training as much as he had Knockaert. Twice.

Ohhhh shit.

Guest reefatoon

http://i.imgur.com/lYDmo1w.gif

http://i.imgur.com/lYDmo1w.gif

:lol:

“It’s not just his ability, he is a great character. He is a great and experienced player – he has done this before and he knows what it takes. He is non-stop with his talking to us, telling the boys what needs to be done. He tells the whole team when to press and when to hold. As well as that he is a great lad. And then there’s his goals too.” - Dwight Gayle

• 2 weeks later...

Needs to be called out. Loads of times he will refuse to make a pass to a player who is free, instead he will get himself into a position where he loses the ball. I think our fans overrate him a lot. Great on his good days, his good days are coming less and less.

Guest firetotheworks

He's been our best player, or the points winner in most of our matches since January, so the idea that his good days are coming less and less is completely at odds with reality.

Needs to be called out. Loads of times he will refuse to make a pass to a player who is free, instead he will get himself into a position where he loses the ball. I think our fans overrate him a lot. Great on his good days, his good days are coming less and less.

Absolute rubbish. He's scored the winning goals for us in our last 2 victories. Probably our player of the year and certainly the most influential. We wouldn't even be 2nd if not for him.