Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Manages to find the area where nobody is 90% of the time.

Has created as many chances as your mate Shelvey this season if a 3rd party, untrusted article is to believed.

Is a chance created classed as any ball hoyed into the area though? No doubt.

No.

Has created as many chances as your mate Shelvey this season if a 3rd party, untrusted article is to believed.

No.

Either way the quality of the ball can sometimes determine what happens with the finish, I remember Sissoko being top 3 in the league for chances created last season, enough said.

No.

Either way the quality of the ball can sometimes determine what happens with the finish, I remember Sissoko being top 3 in the league for chances created last season, enough said.

Sissoko does create chances though. Only saw a bit of the game last night but in that bit he put a cross in for a goal, think it was deflected and the run and pass that led to Kane's penalty

According to Ritchie, he plays better as a winger..

Isn't that where he's being played? I know he drifts inside a lot but I assumed that was because he's not got loads of  pace to be bombing past the full backs on the outside.

Isn't that where he's being played? I know he drifts inside a lot but I assumed that was because he's not got loads of  pace to be bombing past the full backs on the outside.

Not according to him. Suspect he just has different brief/set of instructions than he prefers/has previously thrived on.

Not according to him. Suspect he just has different brief/set of instructions than he prefers/has previously thrived on.

I think that's more to do with the manager's set up. Bournemouth under Howe were very much a pressing team who pushed high up the pitch, whereas Rafa is more about keeping a solid shape defensively and waiting for an opening. I still think Ritchie will look a lot better when he can work with a pacy full back who can overlap.