Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Aye, his perceptions of football are a little different. He doesn't like players running around a lot and he doesn't like players that shout at you. When he was a wee Ian W he must have been having kick abouts with his nanna.

Scarily accurate.

:lol: FWIW, I hate 'try hards' too. But suspect the micky taking of Ian (well brushed-off by the way) is based on what people think it means. To me it means always making sure that you draw attention to your effort/play to the gallery. So huffing and puffing and excessive brow-wiping 'look at me look at me' type s***. Rather than just putting in maximum effort (i.e. literally trying hard) and not constantly drawing attention to it...actually come to think about it, that's how I am with our lass ("oooh, it was really hot in the loft, but I've put all the boarding down now love; only took four hours...'[wipes brow]; "I've done all the kids washing, even though I could have had a game of golf, thought it would be good to clear it all...'; "hope you enjoyed that orgasm, even though me neck's f***ing killing me now/I've been down there for ever"--you get the picture). Turns out, I seem to hate myself...explains a lot.

[edit] p.s. I don't personally think Ritchie is a try hard. Suspect his lass shoots her muck through coital sex and like straight away  ( :crazy2: ) and he never even mentions it.

I'll probably understand the Steve Harper suicide post before I manage to decipher any of this.

Aye, his perceptions of football are a little different. He doesn't like players running around a lot and he doesn't like players that shout at you. When he was a wee Ian W he must have been having kick abouts with his nanna.

Scarily accurate.

:lol: FWIW, I hate 'try hards' too. But suspect the micky taking of Ian (well brushed-off by the way) is based on what people think it means. To me it means always making sure that you draw attention to your effort/play to the gallery. So huffing and puffing and excessive brow-wiping 'look at me look at me' type s***. Rather than just putting in maximum effort (i.e. literally trying hard) and not constantly drawing attention to it...actually come to think about it, that's how I am with our lass ("oooh, it was really hot in the loft, but I've put all the boarding down now love; only took four hours...'[wipes brow]; "I've done all the kids washing, even though I could have had a game of golf, thought it would be good to clear it all...'; "hope you enjoyed that orgasm, even though me neck's f***ing killing me now/I've been down there for ever"--you get the picture). Turns out, I seem to hate myself...explains a lot.

[edit] p.s. I don't personally think Ritchie is a try hard. Suspect his lass shoots her muck through coital sex and like straight away  ( :crazy2: ) and he never even mentions it.

I'll probably understand the Steve Harper suicide post before I manage to decipher any of this.

It's just an overly verbose way of saying 'exaggerating the effort put into a task'.