Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

I like how every Championship forum I go on, everyone is like "they're just buying the league" "they just broke the Championship transfer record" "Its not fair" and we're just like "Meh, replaced a player with another player" not giving one shit about the price, as it just seems normal :lol:

It's gonna be a fun season :lol:

I like how every Championship forum I go on, everyone is like "they're just buying the league" "they just broke the Championship transfer record" "Its not fair" and we're just like "Meh, replaced a player with another player" not giving one shit about the price, as it just seems normal :lol:

If.other clubs don't like our spending in the Championship they're gonna hate life if they ever make it to the Premiership.

I like how every Championship forum I go on, everyone is like "they're just buying the league" "they just broke the Championship transfer record" "Its not fair" and we're just like "Meh, replaced a player with another player" not giving one s*** about the price, as it just seems normal :lol:

I´m sure people was moaning about what clubs like say Southampton did spend in League One...  :laugh:

Championship clubs are going to have to get used to it. More and more clubs from now on will be outspending them when they come down, as it happens by the time we sell we won't have spent much.

Championship clubs in future are going to have to make the most of their academies, invest well in Parachute payments that get passed on, and hope relegated clubs make bad investments in order to achieve promotion.

Leicester won the league, moneyed clubs coming down spending their way back up has always been the case, and I agree that the money imbalance is hugely damaging overall but still plenty of room for clubs spending well and with good management getting up ahead of the big spenders

The clubs coming down next season will get huge parachute payments. The three relegated clubs and the 20 in the premier league could create a closed shop where teams after next season who aren't on the gravy train probably never will get on it.

I'd imagine teams are going to be defending pretty deep against us, a lot of the time.  Someone with a good delivery and an eye for a pass.  Will be more useful than someone who is all about speed.

Seems like a good guy Howe...speaks highly of him and praises Ritchie for improvement taking no credit himself.

Can imagine the likes of Allardyce, Pardew etc just launching a petty bitchfest.

I like how every Championship forum I go on, everyone is like "they're just buying the league" "they just broke the Championship transfer record" "Its not fair" and we're just like "Meh, replaced a player with another player" not giving one s*** about the price, as it just seems normal :lol:

We sold Townsend and replaced him with Ritchie for a lower fee.

Other than that we've spent similar money to other Championship clubs.

Plus the fact we can afford to spend anyway, due to our balance sheet that we've protected for 8 years.

He's basically the diametrical opposite of Townsend. Prepared to leave the premier for a lower league, prepared to leave the prosperous south for the north despite not having to,  all in the hope of a brighter future long term. Now I'm sure Bournemouth would be a lovely place to retire to, but for some footballers, being in a big football city really is a once in a chance lifetime and they'll grab it with both hands, fuck the girlfriend.