Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've f***ed up)?

£10-12m for Ritchie is not a signing I would be expecting a Premiership club trying to achieve anything to make*, unless there's little else out there and they really need a right winger. That's all I'm saying, this relegation has cost us so much and was completely unavoidable.

*Obviously Leicester throw any argument like this out of whack, but yee kna.

Avoidable?

:lol: that's what I was looking for, aye.

From what I've seen of Ritchie, he will be an important asset. Just a shame that it seems to be at the expense of Townsend.

Ritchie has that awesome left-footed shooting/crossing technique. We've lacked that in our set pieces and general play for years. He is quite slow though. Especially for a winger in 4-2-3-1. As we also seem to be signing Gayle, one can conclude that Rafa's going for 4-4-fucking-2.

My opinon on Townsend was based on his time at Tottenham and what the Tottenham fans thought about him, he was great for us the 6 months he was here but lets not go over the top about it, aye? :lol:

I hope I'm wrong about Richie too, aye, whatever that means. Hopefully he turns out to be the best winger ever.

What's your opinion on Ritchie based on? Genuine question btw, you seen a lot of him?

What I've seen and read about him, not geet loads but then again I don't support Bournemouth - probably similar to anyelse who watches the Premiership fairly regularly. Am I not allowed to think that, were we still in the Prem, we wouldn't be buying him for £10-12m or something because I'm not a scout, and I haven't been monitoring him since he was at Pompy Yoof?

As I said I hope he turns out to be the best winger ever, I'm just saying there's no chance we'd be paying that for him if we'd stayed up. We really only have 1 chance to come up though (if we're to keep Rafa) we cannot afford to gamble with bairns or forrins, we need players who've proven themselves in English football - you're always going to pay a premium on that.

Dont be so touchy man, was genuinely interested to know. I know nowt about him, other than what I've read on here.

Agree with the rest of the post.

Let's just hope he's as good as they fee suggests, let's agree on that.  O0

From what I've seen of Ritchie, he will be an important asset. Just a shame that it seems to be at the expense of Townsend.

Ritchie has that awesome left-footed shooting/crossing technique. We've lacked that in our set pieces and general play for years. He is quite slow though. Especially for a winger in 4-2-3-1. As we also seem to be signing Gayle, one can conclude that Rafa's going for 4-4-fucking-2.

I very much doubt it, he's always played 4-2-3-1

My opinon on Townsend was based on his time at Tottenham and what the Tottenham fans thought about him, he was great for us the 6 months he was here but lets not go over the top about it, aye? :lol:

I hope I'm wrong about Richie too, aye, whatever that means. Hopefully he turns out to be the best winger ever.

What's your opinion on Ritchie based on? Genuine question btw, you seen a lot of him?

What I've seen and read about him, not geet loads but then again I don't support Bournemouth - probably similar to anyelse who watches the Premiership fairly regularly. Am I not allowed to think that, were we still in the Prem, we wouldn't be buying him for £10-12m or something because I'm not a scout, and I haven't been monitoring him since he was at Pompy Yoof?

As I said I hope he turns out to be the best winger ever, I'm just saying there's no chance we'd be paying that for him if we'd stayed up. We really only have 1 chance to come up though (if we're to keep Rafa) we cannot afford to gamble with bairns or forrins, we need players who've proven themselves in English football - you're always going to pay a premium on that.

Dont be so touchy man, was genuinely interested to know. I know nowt about him, other than what I've read on here.

Sorry mate :lol:

Just seemed like what I'd said originally had been blown way out of proportion a bit is all. As a Championship player he seems a great signing, I'm just looking at 10-12m, along with whatever else we spend, and the TV money we lose out on, and feel bad about what we could be doing in the Prem with Rafa.

The silver lining is that players like Ritchie and whoever else we sign will add some meat to our squad if we come back up, something we've lacked for about a decade. Maybe even a bit of fight in them.

Sorry mate :lol:

Just seemed like what I'd said originally had been blown way out of proportion a bit is all. As a Championship player he seems a great signing, I'm just looking at 10-12m, along with whatever else we spend, and the TV money we lose out on, and feel bad about what we could be doing in the Prem with Rafa.

The silver lining is that players like Ritchie and whoever else we sign will add some meat to our squad if we come back up, something we've lacked for about a decade. Maybe even a bit of fight in them.

Nee bother mate, get what you mean.  O0

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've fucked up)?

£10-12m for Ritchie is not a signing I would be expecting a Premiership club trying to achieve anything to make*, unless there's little else out there and they really need a right winger. That's all I'm saying, this relegation has cost us so much and was completely unavoidable.

Think about it this way: Pardew thought Mascherano was too soft, then Rafa stole him for a song when he was at Liverpool. Ritchie is a great little player, he's done well in the premier, never mind the championship. I'm just surprised Bournemouth are prepared to sell. Might just be that they recognise they can't keep a player who wants to play for a massive club so will take a good fee as recompense.

Graeme Bailey reporting that Ritchie will arrive on Friday.

Is he f***ing walking here?

He might be doing the housework or shopping tomorrow.  The garden may need doing or he could be at his Mam's for tea.  Priorities man.  O0

And Scotland winger Ritchie, 26, is expected to join 25-year-old Gayle at St James' Park after the Championship title favourites met Bournemouth's £7.5m asking price.

The express reporting only 7.5 million. I find that highly unlikely.

Lovejoy, I like Townsend and on reflection £12m looks good business, not really sure what this has to do with us signing Matt Ritchie in the Championship though? Are are we just going to mention him every time we probably pay over the odds for a player (which we are here imo, but we need to because of how badly we've f***ed up)?

I don't disagree on the penny pinching has cost us point, it's bang on, it absolutely has.

My point on Ritchie stands though, townsend proved us all clueless. I'll reserve judgement on Ritchie until I've seen him.

(how many times you seen him play by the way?)

Townsend was always a good signing, a few very vocal usual suspects on here doesn't really change what a lot of people though he was, a good player.

As for Ritchie, I've not seen much of him apart from (and I think this is the guy) when he tore us apart for 75mins down their gaff and deserved to win the game single handedly. If it's him then brilliant.

I also like the sound of Gayle. I'm hoping its two players who see how good this club can be instead of cheap nasty imported shite that wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire.

And Scotland winger Ritchie, 26, is expected to join 25-year-old Gayle at St James' Park after the Championship title favourites met Bournemouth's £7.5m asking price.

The express reporting only 7.5 million. I find that highly unlikely.

Seems too cheap, I do agree. 

Would be great to have Ritchie and Townsend in the Championship. Maybe even Wijnaldum can get his shit together IF he stays. Would have a few goal scorers in our midfield then.