Shepherd's intentions when appointing Roeder

Guest thompers
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thompers

He always wanted the cheap option and took the perfect opportunity to do it at the least controversial moment.

His timing, for himself, was very strategic because he knew that although a lot of us knew how it'd end up, we couldn't really give Roeder any abuse because of his run of results for us at the time.

He's a scheming fat bastard, that's how I see it.

Definately cheap, cheap option!, plus the fact nobody else wanted this job anyway we have become a poisoned chalice while Shepherd and the Halls are still  at this club, whatwe need is a giant laxative to rid the shit from top to bottom.

Guest thompers

Because everyone else turned us down.

Didn't Houllier tout himself for the job? And Ranieri? The latter not being exceptional, but better than Roeder, and the former being a class manager for the majority of his career.

Guest thompers

User 'NE5' has blocked your personal message.

Well I know he's online, and am desperate to hear his take on this, but when I try and PM him the link to the thread, it appears he's ignoring me. Gosh, I am super-offended, especially considering the last PM he sent me was him begging me to join his forum.

i'm sure he genuinely thought a lot of the fans wanted hitzfeld or o'neill, but it didn't stop him rubbishing one set of supporters and then ignoring the other. saying he went for the fan's option was simply his way of passing the buck. cheap option, and also cos he knows fuck all about football, which is quite a serious failing considering his job.

Well I know he's online, and am desperate to hear his take on this, but when I try and PM him the link to the thread, it appears he's ignoring me. Gosh, I am super-offended, especially considering the last PM he sent me was him begging me to join his forum.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've sent it him for you, mate :thup:

I remember his opinion, Roeder is a better manager than O'Neill :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

why are you even trying to second guess what FF was thinking?

total waste of time, like trying to have a conversation with a labrador tbh

And that's an insult to labradors, who are actually quite smart

Guest thompers

"Thought he was appointing a class manager that would take us forward" has got a vote, he must be on this page as we speak, omg!

I havent'.....or maybe I did a few months ago when you sent me those abusive ones  and have forgotten about it.

I'll unblock you now.

I have no idea why he appointed Roeder, a lot of fans were happy with it lets not forget that. I don't think it was a cheap option either, or at least not deliberately a cheap option, look at the clubs accounts if you think differently, especially having gone for the top expensive options before.

I could say its a "plan" with a long term view to steady the ship and appoint Shearer, but don't expect too many people would accept the club had a "plan" .....

sorry mate but you usually don't finish debates, thats a bit different for you eh ?

PS....you won't find me saying Roeder is better than O'Neill....so don't make things up either, you're getting like Mick .....

Guest thompers

Nah, a section of the fans accepted it but where underwhelmed. Most knew how it'd turn out. So do you think he's made a good appointment or fucked up once again? If it is another poor appointment, are you willing to put it down to bad chairmanship this time?

Guest thompers

sorry mate but you usually don't finish debates, thats a bit different for you eh ?

PS....you won't find me saying Roeder is better than O'Neill....so don't make things up either, you're getting like Mick .....

I specifically remember you downtalking O Neill's achievements and implying that he wouldn't be a better candidate.

You cannot blame Shepherd for the current results.

The results are down to the players and the manager. Shepherd has backed the manager, to the tune of £15m in the summer, you cannot blame him for any problems.

The club are in the Premiership, which is better than they were in 1991 under the previous board. This board has ambition, the previous board had none. The previous board appointed Willien McFaul and Jim Smith and Ossie Ardiles. That was the ambition they showed.

Clearly you weren't there at the time otherwise you would understand shit appointments. If you weren't there you have no right to make any criticism of the current set up.

© NE5,  Apologists Ltd