Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

Not that I should give a fuck but we absolutely need to be looking at the £12-15m bracket in today's market. He's established himself as an effective defensive centre-mid; he's still young and he's English. That needs to command a premium, regardless of his transfer request.

Diame, Shelvey and Hayden all leaving in summer leaves quite a gap in there.

This is why I'm disappointed Diame didn't get a contract extension. He shouldn't be starting matches anymore, but hes decent back up and now with 3 centre midfielders likely to leave we lack quality and quantity in centre midfield. Its the same with strikers with Rondon, Gayle and Joselu likely to leave and we will have to buy at least 2 strikers in the summer. Bringing in so many players in one summer is not a good idea, but we might be forced to just to build up the squad. This is what happens when you undermine your manager in the transfer market and rely too much on loans.

Diame, Shelvey and Hayden all leaving in summer leaves quite a gap in there.

This is why I'm disappointed Diame didn't get a contract extension. He shouldn't be starting matches anymore, but hes decent back up and now with 3 centre midfielders likely to leave we lack quality and quantity in centre midfield. Its the same with strikers with Rondon, Gayle and Joselu likely to leave and we will have to buy at least 2 strikers in the summer. Bringing in so many players in one summer is not a good idea, but we might be forced to just to build up the squad. This is what happens when you undermine your manager in the transfer market and rely too much on loans.

He didn't want to stay for one year, wanted a three year deal and club wouldn't give him it so he's basically done a deal with the club not to trigger it unless critical (i.e. everyone injured).