NUFC vs Arsenal - 11/8/19 @ 2pm (Live on Sky Sports)

James

Dubravka

Yedlin

Schar

Lascelles

Fernandez

Willems

Hayden

Longstaff

Almiron

Saint maxim

Joelinton

2 in CM.  Crikey.  Cant see ASM or Almiron tracking back like Perez did.

Eh ? That's exactly what Almiron did with Perez once he joined.

Have an increasing feeling we're going to confound everything and fucking win this.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, and we'll probably have a fair few like this. It's not a terrible squad of players and there'll be some afterglow of Rafa's organisation and tactics. People compare Bruce to the last bag-of-wank PFM we had, but you have to remember that McClaren followed Carver, and was leading a miserable squad of players - riddled with a culture of defeat - through an atrocity of a pre-season schedule. I don't think a single person believed in Schteve; Bruce, like Pardew, has a modicum of charisma - if you go for that sort of thing. The situation is ultimately different this time; the club itself seems relatively settled and optimistic to me, blizzard of discontent aside.

I don't think there's any chance of us finishing rock bottom like some in the media have predicted. There's no strength in depth so we'll struggle eventually, but I expect us to bobble just above the relegation zone all season, probably gasping at times but generally afloat. Stevey Bruce's BAWA.

There’s some real lack of faith in the players Rafa left behind. If they can’t take forward what they’ve learned in the last 2 years or so then they’re not at all professional. Bruce will set us up a bit different but if the players ignore the regimental drills Rafa and positional memory installed in them then they deserve a right kicking.

Bruce has picked up what should be a disciplined core and who knows what we’ll get with the new players. There’s no reason why this team can’t give Arsenal a real game. We’re all on the same page with what Ashley is but the players need to be judged on the field and so does Bruce tbf. And no, I didn’t want Bruce and Ashley is the disease and the players will be expected and have a duty to do the best they can. I despair with what’s gone on but, I fucking hope we smash Arsenal. Still don’t know if I’ll be there.

Sounds like you will be.

Agree with your points about the players though. Like Dubravka says, they're contained within their duties as players so I'm sure they'll be alright for a while.

Sounds like you will be.

Agree with your points about the players though. Like Dubravka says, they're contained within their duties as players so I'm sure they'll be alright for a while.

I’ll not know until Sunday, I boycotted Spurs and was one of only around 15 who went in late last season in the Milburn Paddock but I’m more inclined to go on Sunday. Ashley is the disease I don’t want my club to die as a result and they’re will be players out there on Sunday who need our support and are the future. Might sound contrived but there you go, I can certainly boycott in the future if I decide otherwise on Sunday.

Sounds like you will be.

I’ll not know until Sunday, I boycotted Spurs and was one of only around 15 who went in late last season in the Milburn Paddock but I’m more inclined to go on Sunday. Ashley is the disease I don’t want my club to die as a result and they’re will be players out there on Sunday who need our support and are the future. Might sound contrived but there you go, I can certainly boycott in the future if I decide otherwise on Sunday.

If they're good, they aren't our future.

I’m interested in that I’m firmly of the “lose every week” mind, and I’ve also got this morbid intellectual curiosity of how he’ll set the team up. I think a lot of Almiron fans are going to be disappointed to see him on the bench - its going to be three centre midfielders and one and a half up top, and it won’t be ASM sitting on the bench. Shelvey, Longstaff and Hayden in the guts.

It’s going to be turgid. The Arse will probably not get out of second gear on a shite 0-2 match.

I will be fairly neutral most games apart from against clubs I hate like manure Everton etc.

Other than them type of games I won't be too bothered and might be glad for a hour if we win. Just hope we can do half decent and get a bit of dignity back as there are plenty out there who are dying to see us crash and burn. I don't want Newcastle destroyed just because of Ashley. I don't want the NUFC haters to have that satisfaction because of him.

The club is pointless as it stands with no hope but I can't be doing with carrying hate and anger around all the time so I just hope we tick over until the day he leaves

Don’t think I could ever be glad if they win. I don’t ‘want’ to lose or anything, just what happens on the field means nothing.

I’d get some small satisfaction if they got repeatedly battered and relegated, just because it would mean Ashley hadn’t achieved his objective.

Sounds like you will be.

Don’t need to explain yourself man. You’re a human being entitled to do whatever you want with your time and money. Life is too fucking short.

I’ll be sat on my couch and will be watching with my arsenal supporting friend and my little nearly 2 year old son. I hope we play well and the players on the pitch get a result.

I feel like if we score something will happen in my gut but then my head will tell me it's all pointless, i won't celebrate, any good result will just seem to justify Mike Ashley's running of our club, especially amongst our idiot element.

Imagine if we win or even draw, it will be Rafa who, it apparently already is like.

Sounds like you will be.

If they're good, they aren't our future.

Absolutely right.

Also, if fans not being there and not supporting makes them unhappy then that's a good thing. An unhappy dressing room gives Bruce and Ashley a headache.

I think we're gonna win. I honestly do. Arsenal are missing a lot of players - Ozil, Siad whatshisface, Pepe, some others. AFTV reckon their midfield is going to be Wilock and Xhaka. That's not great. Our players will be up for it. They've got a lot to prove. HTL.

If one side are capable of f***ing this up its probably weak as p*ss Arsenal.

Hoping for a good solid drubbing for SportsDirect utd, had hoped for a good 0-3 start for the c*** and his verminous manager.

Fear they may get a draw though. Will send the sheeple to the Bigg market happy though.

Come on the Gooners.

So much hate and venom in your heart George on this fine weekend.

Fine Weekend?? It's like a frigging monsoon outside ffs.

I think we're gonna win. I honestly do. Arsenal are missing a lot of players - Ozil, Siad whatshisface, Pepe, some others. AFTV reckon their midfield is going to be Wilock and Xhaka. That's not great. Our players will be up for it. They've got a lot to prove. HTL.

;D

If one side are capable of f***ing this up its probably weak as p*ss Arsenal.

Hoping for a good solid drubbing for SportsDirect utd, had hoped for a good 0-3 start for the c*** and his verminous manager.

Fear they may get a draw though. Will send the sheeple to the Bigg market happy though.

Come on the Gooners.

So much hate and venom in your heart George on this fine weekend.

Fine Weekend?? It's like a frigging monsoon outside ffs.

Any weekend above ground and healthy is a fine weekend

Guest Howaythetoon

Not for me as I couldn’t give a fuck, is there anywhere in Bruges  my mate can watch the Toon game tomorrow?