Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

How fucking frustrating is it, where literally a signature and bank transfer away from dreamland. There has to be something seriously wrong when we have a buyer, seller and fanbase desperate for this to happen, and a bunch of corrupt bastards sitting in London have the power to just block it without being held accountable.

“There is still a feeling within the buyers camp that this pressure will yield a result and there is a determination not to be caught on the hop if there is sudden movement."

How fucking frustrating is it, where literally a signature and bank transfer away from dreamland. There has to be something seriously wrong when we have a buyer, seller and fanbase desperate for this to happen, and a bunch of corrupt bastards sitting in London have the power to just block it without being held accountable.

“There is still a feeling within the buyers camp that this pressure will yield a result and there is a determination not to be caught on the hop if there is sudden movement."

What makes it even more frustrating is that Daniel Levy tried to offer Spurs to the Saudis for 3.5 billion but they turned him down. Then the same person/club wrote to the premier league opposing our takeover with the same people (PIF).

Corrupt cunt!

Guest reefatoon

How f***ing frustrating is it, where literally a signature and bank transfer away from dreamland. There has to be something seriously wrong when we have a buyer, seller and fanbase desperate for this to happen, and a bunch of corrupt b******s sitting in London have the power to just block it without being held accountable.

Exactly right. It’s a fucking disgrace.

Time seems to be running out for this to be sorted before the January window

I think Mimms is the only one who thinks theres a chance of it being sorted before then.

Based on what he’s said, the people involved, the pressure on the PL etc I think a takeover is a possibility in December or in January.

I think Mimms is the only one who thinks theres a chance of it being sorted before then.

Based on what he’s said, the people involved, the pressure on the PL etc I think a takeover is a possibility in December or in January.

We seem miles away at the moment

We seen miles away at the moment

Based on what? The thing is we don’t know. But with buyers + Ashley + lawyers involved there’s a possibility something could be around the corner.

A strong likelihood, based on that accurate listing of those important things strongly in our favour!

Based on what? The thing is we don’t know. But with buyers + Ashley + lawyers involved there’s a possibility something could be around the corner.

Based on caulkin who talks to the buying side mainly.

When you pull yourself back from the situation and look at it from a pure business point of view, Newcastle have been royally fucked over

Hence why most of us are so bloody angry about this whole thing. The destiny of this football club has gone from crashing the top 6 party to being a nothing club again under MA.

Mimms is quiet

Caulkin doesn't think much will happen this/next month

I dont think silence is a good thing, I just don't think anything is happening to move us forward

Look, its with the legal teams, that will take time.  Why does everyone want a running commentary on day to day elements.  Its in the PL handbook the timescales.

- 14 days for each side to assemble a team once arbitration notice has been served

- 14 days to then agree a chairperson for arbitration

- 14 days for chairperson to setup arbitration hearing.

2nd point could take loner if both parties don't agree on chairperson.

PL will delay at any opportunity and personally I think this will be done after the transfer window.

Also if the toon are looking to slip into the relegation positions then this I imagine would be the PL dream ticket

Mimms is quiet

Caulkin doesn't think much will happen this/next month

I dont think silence is a good thing, I just don't think anything is happening to move us forward

There’s 2 legal cases ongoing with the aim of moving this forward. From what I’ve understood the buyers/Ashley hope this might get resolved before cases are heard due to PL having to disclose incriminating evidence. They’re obviously confident there has been outside influences in the process, I’m inclined to believe they’re correct due to evidence from PBP, previous no red flags, and active lobbying by rival clubs confirmed by Staveley and also reputable national journos such as Henry Winter.

Now if national journalists were aware of certain clubs lobbying, I’m inclined to think the PL will be nervous as it’s clearly common knowledge what has gone on.

Basically chill out mate, I’m as impatient as anybody but as others have said quiet is not a bad thing and we shouldn’t be expecting a running commentary. It’s only due to the great work of NCSL that we are seeing public pressure being applied. However, don’t mistake their public messages as desperation, as it appears all part of a concerted and coordinated effort involving buyers and sellers.

Based on caulkin who talks to the buying side mainly.

Fair enough. I think George Caulkin is cautious in what he says this time though.