Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He seems to have recovered confidence a bit with his passing. There were occasions last night when he was releasing the ball quickly and accurately.

I think this often happens with emerging talents. They make a big impact, then take a step back when the pressure mounts and opposition players suss them out a bit. Then hopefully they toughen up and learn to impose themselves again.

I think SL could learn a bit from watching Hendrick.  Hendrick does a good job finding space between the lines and that would serve Longstaff well.  I just don't see him as a regular 10.  Pair him with Hayden in a holding role but let him get forward a little bit and then arrive at  the box for a longshot option.

Fucking hell, this aged well :lol:

He’s not useless but he’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he might be. That 50m to Man Utd story gave him notions, his head hasn’t been in it ever since.

Probably thinks he should be earning 100k a week and resents every second he’s here not earning that amount.

Wouldn’t surprise me if his brother was of the same mindset.

He’s not useless but he’s nowhere near as good as he thinks he might be. That 50m to Man Utd story gave him notions, his head hasn’t been in it ever since.

Probably thinks he should be earning 100k a week and resents every second he’s here not earning that amount.

My thoughts too.

Why would you say this?

He was making tremendous progress under Rafa and the owner sacked him and brought in a clown that has seen every player regress.

Why on earth should he sign a contract to stay here? He's making the right decision and it has nothing to do with him having ideas above his station.

Why would you say this?

He was making tremendous progress under Rafa and the owner sacked him and brought in a clown that has seen every player regress.

Why on earth should he sign a contract to stay here? He's making the right decision and it has nothing to do with him having ideas above his station.

Regardless of who own it or who manages it, he owes the club some loyalty. They’ve brought him through and gave him the chance. It’s not like he’s given years of service. He’s literally had a handful of very good games and the rest absolute rubbish over what would amount to a season and a half of playable game time.

I think it’s perfectly acceptable to question his character and his motivation if he thinks he deserves a big move based off that.

100% agree Rafa Longstaff was a potential superstar in fact any of our players with Rafa in front of their names is a totally different player than one that's associated with Bruce.

He doesn't owe this club anything. The minute he gets hurt or mouths off about the hierarchy they'd throw him away. The manager that brought him through and made him look 50m player, was cast aside.

Fair play to him if he wants to go - this club doesn't care about winning under MA.

Because he's signed with that agent the story is just made up bullshit as the agent is known for brokering moves.

Just utter tittle tattle nonsense, not that the kid shouldn't run a mile from us anyways, you could hardly blame him if he did.

Probably understands that he's being fucked with.  CabbageHeed has a terrible record with soft tissue injuries.  SL probably gets no guidance and direction other than "work harder" as well as trying to function within a nonexistent tactical framework.

There's probably quite a few players who were relieved to see Brewce's happy clapping style but are now realizing that Rafa's demanding style really was better for their development 

Neither he or his brother are going to progress in any way under the tutelage of the Four Steves of the Apocalyse.

This x infinity.

The damage being done to players under this absolute dinosaur and incompetent clown is undeniable and as unforgivable as the shit he peddles on the pitch (tactics wise etc.) and the shit he spouts from his gob.

My dislike of this twat is bordering on Pardewesque levels of hatred...almost.

I think SL could learn a bit from watching Hendrick.  Hendrick does a good job finding space between the lines and that would serve Longstaff well.  I just don't see him as a regular 10.  Pair him with Hayden in a holding role but let him get forward a little bit and then arrive at  the box for a longshot option.

Fucking hell, this aged well :lol:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...