Newcastle Utd v Aston Villa - 24/06/2020 @ 18.00pm (live on BT Sport/BeOutQ)

Magpie

I think the situation makes this much better for us to get a win here, they are desperate for points now so will be feeling the heat, we are home and dry basically, and we tend to play better football when there's no pressure for the win. Only thing which might affect that is if we make too many changes, but I think until we are mathematically safe, Bruce will keep sending out a strong team.

Weekend game more important to me now that we've all but secured safety.

As much as I yearn for us to win something, there's a part of me that slightly doesn't want us to win this year's FA Cup. I definitively don't want us to lose at the weekend but the clamour for Bruce to stay from loads of people if we won the FA Cup will be unbearable.

I see it as either win the FA Cup this season and have to watch the first bit of money PIF allow to be spent on transfers if and when they takeover to be spent by Bruce, or don't win it this season, bin Bruce and get one of Pochettino, Rafa or Allegri to spend that money. I know which I prefer.

I hear you HaydnNUFC[/member], but if we really were to get to the final, I think it would be crazy to turn your nose up at winning the FA cup. These things aren't a given. The opportunity might not come around again for a while - takeover or not.

I know, and if we were to get to the final I'd want us to win the game, but that slight inkling would always be there. However I think any of the potential 3 mentioned successors to Bruce post takeover would get us potentially winning silverware or getting European football (EL or CL) within 3-5 years.

Bruce or not, anybody not wanting to win the FA Cup is crazy.

Anyway, Joelinton treble in this game.

Plenty on here would be fuming if we did.

Well we won't so doesn't really matter. If we win the FA cup, Bruce will be our manager for the next couple of years at least, and if he does fair play, I won't grumble. 

( But he won't).

Bruce or not, anybody not wanting to win the FA Cup is crazy.

Anyway, Joelinton treble in this game.

Plenty on here would be fuming if we did.

who exactly? :lol:

i hate bruce and think he's an awful manager and person but if he managed to win the FA cup (spoiler: he won't) i certainly wouldn't be fuming about it you'd have to hold your hands up and say fair play

Now we're effectively safe, I'm now in the mindset of not really being too bothered how we get on going forward. It's obviously nice winning matches, but I wouldn't be gutted if we faired poorly and ended up 16th or so (assuming the takeover goes through), however, I really hope we beat Villa and West Ham - I'd love both to go down, but I think it'll just be one of them as Norwich look gone, and Bournemouth look clueless. I'd quite happily lose to Bournemouth next week to put the pressure on both of these.

I won’t be fuming if we win the cup, but it will feel very hollow and I’m not sure I’ll feel much.

Agreed. It’ll feel like an adulterated win

Weekend game more important to me now that we've all but secured safety.

As much as I yearn for us to win something, there's a part of me that slightly doesn't want us to win this year's FA Cup. I definitively don't want us to lose at the weekend but the clamour for Bruce to stay from loads of people if we won the FA Cup will be unbearable.

I see it as either win the FA Cup this season and have to watch the first bit of money PIF allow to be spent on transfers if and when they takeover to be spent by Bruce, or don't win it this season, bin Bruce and get one of Pochettino, Rafa or Allegri to spend that money. I know which I prefer.

Don't worry. I doubt the crown prince of Saudi Arabia is worried what Graham Sounness thinks.

I don't want us to win the FA cup, not because of Bruce but because I think it will feel hollow in front of an empty stadium. The atmosphere in our previous cup finals was unbelievable and I'd love to be part of that again as part of our first win since 1969.

Guest neesy111

I don't want us to win the FA cup, not because of Bruce but because I think it will feel hollow in front of an empty stadium. The atmosphere in our previous cup finals was unbelievable and I'd love to be part of that again as part of our first win since 1969.

It's interesting as in Spain, they've delayed the final into next season so they play it in front of fans.  Means winner won't get into europe though.

Shit, aye. I hadn't considered that with my comment yesterday. Definitely changes things.

There was a story that came out a few weeks ago saying they were considering allowing 10k fans from each team in to the final. It was pretty sparse on any kind of detail/substance mind, but I suppose you could perhaps argue that 20k could socially distance in a 90k capacity stadium.

Anyone saying they don’t want to win the cup needs their head checked.

The trophy drought is a massive monkey on our back as a club. If Steve Bruce managed to do it he should get the recognition for the achievement.

Yes we’ve had the easiest cup draw in about 20 years (up to now) but you still have to beat what’s in front of you.

As for Villa. They can rot, but I really dislike West Ham too..