Football stuff on TV

Keefaz

WC 1978 on BBC2 :smitten:

Was just watching some of that. I found it pretty interesting since it's one of my dad's favourite tournaments - he's a huge Kempes fan - but I hadn't seen much of the footage myself, only heard about it.

Is it me or are the jackpots on pointless low ???

Yeah, it's really underwhelming compared to something like Deal or No Deal which is a horrific show with a large payout.

The worst is Perfection, where the prize pot plays a huge role in the game itself meaning that the poor cunt who enters after a winner stands no chance. He'll have like a grand, half of which he'll have to try and persuade one of the other contestants down with to change his answers, something they'll never do because you don't enter gameshows to win £500.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know Neil Baldwin from my time at Keele University in the early 90s. He was a singular individual.

The urban myth was that he was a professional footballer that had been run over by the number 18 bus that used to run through the campus and as a result was given a flat on the campus. Obviously that was utter bollocks. He used to watch us play 5-a-side and shout 'Ee-aww, donkey' whenever anyone fucked up.

I'm totally freaked out that they have now made a tv programme about him. Wtf.

I know Neil Baldwin from my time at Keele University in the early 90s. He was a singular individual.

The urban myth was that he was a professional footballer that had been run over by the number 18 bus that used to run through the campus and as a result was given a flat on the campus. Obviously that was utter bollocks. He used to watch us play 5-a-side and shout 'Ee-aww, donkey' whenever anyone f***ed up.

Was he nice and well-meaning like on this or a bit weird really?

The urban myth was that he was a professional footballer that had been run over by the number 18 bus that used to run through the campus and as a result was given a flat on the campus. Obviously that was utter bollocks. He used to watch us play 5-a-side and shout 'Ee-aww, donkey' whenever anyone f***ed up.

Was he nice and well-meaning like on this or a bit weird really?

Bit of both really. He was a bit obsessed with the Nazis too. This fella is nothing like him to be fair.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeez, didn't know where to put this. Catching up on last week's TV and Thomas Hitzlsperger was on The Fantasy Football Club. He's a brave lad, and well done to him. People should be free to be what they are. I spent most of the show wondering how his inclination wasn't immediately obvious though, I mean, if I was in a shower room full of naked athletic soaped-up young ladies I think it'd be enormously apparent, hugely so. Massively, I need to make that quite clear :lol: So everyone must have known, right?

Dammit, man. I can't sit at work without thinking "You know, I totally would" when some lovely lass strolls past, and then have to stay seated for minutes until things subside. And then plotting how this could really happen. :lol: Like fuck. Nee wonder I get nowt done. Divven't tell wor lass.

• 4 weeks later...
Alexander Armstrong presents an FA Cup special, quizzing a selection of players, presenters and pundits. Those plumbing the depths of their general knowledge are broadcaster Gabby Logan, MOTD2 host Mark Chapman, commentator Jacqui Oatley and Final Score presenter Jason Mohammad. They team up respectively with pundit and former player Robbie Savage, player-turned-coach Phil Neville, ex-QPR midfielder Jermaine Jenas and player-turned-assistant manager of Lancaster City Trevor Sinclair. As always, Richard Osman is the man with the facts at his fingertips.

6pm on BBC1.

Alexander Armstrong presents an FA Cup special, quizzing a selection of players, presenters and pundits. Those plumbing the depths of their general knowledge are broadcaster Gabby Logan, MOTD2 host Mark Chapman, commentator Jacqui Oatley and Final Score presenter Jason Mohammad. They team up respectively with pundit and former player Robbie Savage, player-turned-coach Phil Neville, ex-QPR midfielder Jermaine Jenas and player-turned-assistant manager of Lancaster City Trevor Sinclair. As always, Richard Osman is the man with the facts at his fingertips.

6pm on BBC1.

Just noticed this is coming up. :thup: