Sunday Gossip

Guest smoggeordie

Distin is far from shite, in fact he's pretty good and a lot better than Upson. Baines would be a terrific signing though he'll probably get an england cap soon and his value will rocket. i don't think we need to be any positions above Wigan to get him, Bullard was their best player last season and ended up at Fulham. Wigan are a tiny club and players will always want to leave, the problem would if a better placed club than us went in for him.

Distin's absolutely shite mate... and the 'cheap' theory won't fixate on him either. He's their captain! Jagielka's a good player though.

No he's not. Class act.

Yes it will - Contracts up.

No he isn't - Dunne is.

Currently I'm of the opinion that if we cash in Distin in January we'll be relegated. Got a sneak preview of life without him yesterday - Not looking forward to half a season of that.

Distin would be a good purchase. He has been a good leader at city, and would still be captain had he signed a new contract.

All my city fans have always rated him. He used to be pretty error prone but he has grown out of that and turned into a great player. Unfortunately we have a habit of bringing the shit out in defenders.

And he would be extra cover for LB, we should part exchange with Bramble, Stuart Pearce shouting at him might give him the rocket up his ass he needs.

Distin would be a good purchase. He has been a good leader at city, and would still be captain had he signed a new contract.

All my city fans have always rated him. He used to be pretty error prone but he has grown out of that and turned into a great player. Unfortunately we have a habit of bringing the shit out in defenders.

And he would be extra cover for LB, we should part exchange with Bramble, Stuart Pearce shouting at him might give him the rocket up his ass he needs.

Worth a try.

Part-Ex with Bramble?

Have a word with yourself. mental.gif

Excellent young english defender, ok maybe you could give us a little bit of cash aswell but he isn't completely out of reach  tongue.gif

Part-Ex with Bramble?

Have a word with yourself. mental.gif

Excellent young english defender, ok maybe you could give us a little bit of cash aswell but he isn't completely out of reach  tongue.gif

Sorry, its magic beans or nothing. :hmm:

We also have one of the highest rated RB's in the country available, and he is in the best form of his life. Throw in Michah Richards and Samaras and he and bramble are all yours!

Personally I would touch niether Bramble nor Carr with a 10ft Clown Pole. But considering some of Stuart Pearce's recent desicions he would probably take that...!  :hmm:

Unfortunately I doubt he reads this forum so you'll probably have to try a little harder to offload all the assorted shite currently masquerading as the Newcastle defence.

Alan Curbishley is just 10 days from being the most wanted manager in football - when a secret clause in his severance package from Charlton runs out and lets him work again. Middlesbrough, Newcastle and West Ham are all monitoring his situation.

Glad that the Curbishly thing is in The People. He's just a glorified Glenn Roeder, tbh.

All of a sudden that little snippet of gossip becomes a little bit more interesting...

Alan Curbishley is just 10 days from being the most wanted manager in football - when a secret clause in his severance package from Charlton runs out and lets him work again. Middlesbrough, Newcastle and West Ham are all monitoring his situation.

Glad that the Curbishly thing is in The People. He's just a glorified Glenn Roeder, tbh.

All of a sudden that little snippet of gossip becomes a little bit more interesting...

If by interesting you mean worrying. I cannot see anything in Curbishley that excites me.

Does mid table stability and eventual stagnation excite you?

If by interesting you mean worrying. I cannot see anything in Curbishley that excites me.

Not at all - just another element in the mix...

Let's face it - Freddy has a history of panicking and firing the manager when the fans are discontented. Next, we have a (recent) history of failing to attract quality managers - Curbishley might very well be the best candidate should Roeder be pushed (or jump)

Interesting doesn't equal good or exciting - it was an expression to express dismay regarding a sequence of events that can easily be forseen...

Not at all - just another element in the mix...

Let's face it - Freddy has a history of panicking and firing the manager when the fans are discontented. Next, we have a (recent) history of failing to attract quality managers - Curbishley might very well be the best candidate should Roeder be pushed (or jump)

Interesting doesn't equal good or exciting - it was an expression to express dismay regarding a sequence of events that can easily be forseen...

Fair enough.  :lol:

Even so, I think the most obvious thing for Shepherd to do, going on him priorities and past form, would be to 'poach' Steve Bruce from Brum.

Guest Invicta_Toon

so there is a secret clause that only the People know about

I smell bullshit

what exactly does that acheive for Charlton not letting him have another job for 4 months?

Felt a bit sorry for Carver.  He said that he had defended his players.  After yesterday he thought they should come out and explain themselves because he could not defend them.  He looked totally gutted.