Fabian Schär

How we stole this guy for £3m is absolutely baffling! Bargain of the century!

He's fast becoming my new favourite player.

Take a bow Rafa.........again!

You can get good value for money in Spain with some of the buyout clauses

How we stole this guy for £3m is absolutely baffling! Bargain of the century!

He's fast becoming my new favourite player.

Take a bow Rafa.........again!

You can get good value for money in Spain with some of the buyout clauses

Seems that way when you consider we got Schar and Lejeune combined for a third of the price paid for Michael Keane, and i'd take either of them over him.

"During his side’s 2-0 victory over Burnley Schar unleashed a strike that could only be described as “from the bowels of hell” he was later questioned by police for offences against the Leazes netting. All charges were dropped, which everyone including the right hand post were very surprised by. [16]"

Heard the commentator mention this on Tuesday. Kind of cool: [ftp=ftp://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/nov/25/fabian-schar-basel-chelsea-champions-league]https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/nov/25/fabian-schar-basel-chelsea-champions-league[/ftp]

Quite cool when well known players play with each other before they are well known as well, as with him and Salah at Basel which I wouldn't have thought of. Xhaka and Elneny as well

Don’t think our defenders should be getting flak they’ve only conceded 1 open play goal in the last 4 games :lol:

Totally unrealistic to expect 0 mistakes.

Both Schar and Lejuene have been outstanding for us when you look at the bigger picture and how much they cost.

Guest godzilla

Don’t think our defenders should be getting too much flak they’ve only conceded 1 open play goal in the last 4 games :lol:

Totally unrealistic to expect 0 mistakes.

Both Schar and Lejuene have been outstanding for us when you look at the bigger picture and how much they cost.

How many goals have been conceded at set pieces though over the season (the worst in the Premier) even gainst Burnley there was two occasions when they could and probably should have scored. For three big lads they really hould be dominating set pieces. Maybe it's the coaching but it's certainly a problem.

The hyperbole in this place is ridiculous at times. :lol:

He got beaten in the air = schooled by a kid.

:lol:

It wasn't just "beaten in the air thought." Rice ran rings around him before the corner was even taken, and Schar lost him, plain and simple. After he lost his man, it wasn't an issue about beating him in the air, it was essentially a free header.

But all good, I love our defence so far. We just need to buckle up on set pieces.