Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Just seen he’s also a doubt. :lol:

Atsu? I bet it’s Dummett with Fernandez or Clark coming in.

Fuck knows. Will be hilarious to see what SB comes up with when he has to actually think about it :lol:.

Thank fuck Jogback isn't in the 25!!

Brarver would have him playing LB, Left wing back AND centre mid if he could.

Think a lot of people will  see the importance of having Richie in the side now he’s going to be missing for a couple of months. Hope someone picks up more of a leadership role on the pitch in his absence.

Think a lot of people will  see the importance of having Richie in the side now he’s going to be missing for a couple of months. Hope someone picks up more of a leadership role on the pitch in his absence.

i'm interested in the other side, to see if we can use the ball better than ritchie does in advanced areas

i'm interested in the other side, to see if we can use the ball better than ritchie does in advanced areas

I think Ritchie is ok with his use of the ball, but he lacks any real threat as an attacker because he's too slow to scare the opposition. Doesn't look like we've got an alternative with pace though, so we won't really see if it could work out well in that department.

---------Average PL standard LWB-----------

------------------------------------------------

---------------------Ritchie--------------------

-----------Anyone else in the squad---------

It's difficult to discuss him without being very precise about the whole level of standards of wing backs in general. If you're evaluating him from a narrow point of view taking into account what he's up against in our squad it's not even a close contest and he will be missed. However compared to the PL as a whole he's just not good enough.

---------Average PL standard LWB-----------

---------------------Ritchie--------------------

-----------Anyone else in the squad---------

It's difficult to discuss him without being very precise about the whole level of standards of wing backs in general. If you're evaluating him from a narrow point of view taking into account what he's up against in our squad it's not even a close contest and he will be missed. However compared to the PL as a whole he's just not good enough.

Extremely harsh

He lost my respect with his Ashley's a good owner bollocks. I couldn't wish injury on him but I hope he stands on one of the bairns stickle bricks when he gets up for a wee in the night and it knacks him for a few minutes.

:lol:

Guest chopey

Anybody else know why Rafa played this guy for 60 mins a game and then left him out every 4th game?

Ah yes yes it's because he's a liability to himself and his body can't take 4 lots of 90 mins even though he says it can.

I think Ritchie is ok with his use of the ball, but he lacks any real threat as an attacker because he's too slow to scare the opposition. Doesn't look like we've got an alternative with pace though, so we won't really see if it could work out well in that department.

suspect you'll see a much improved left side if willems turns out to be remotely half decent on the ball

• 2 months later...

As much as Richie shouldn't get back in the side, hes a good egg and a very useful utility player, it will be nice to get him back in the squad.

There is no way he is taking Willems position but he will very useful from the bench.

He would have been perfect for the last 20 minutes against Bournemouth at the weekend.