Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Chelsea are close to confirming Hakim Ziyech for the summer. £40m  :clap:

Awesome signing. Not the worst set of wide forwards to have in him, Willian, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi. Assume Pedro is not getting his contract renewed.

Pretty sure Willian is out of contract soon enough n all. Reckon Ziyech might flop badly though based on absolutely nowt.

At that price it's barely even a gamble.

Didn't realise Ben Gibson has only played 1 league game for Burnley since signing for £15mil in 2018. He scored too

He's been allowed to train with Boro despite having 2 years left of his Burnley contract

He played in their last pre-season match this season as well. Scored too. Took him into my fantasy team as a result. Big mistake.

Looks like it’s Martin Braithwaite (the Boro flop) who’s won the raffle to sign for Barcelona.

I’ve not been paying attention. Have Barca actually been given special dispensation to ignore the window? I mean, what?

it's a la liga agreement that applies to all clubs as far as i understand it - certain circumstances have to be met, player out for x amount months and has to be removed from the squad etc.

they can all do it if they met the criteria

Looks like it’s Martin Braithwaite (the Boro flop) who’s won the raffle to sign for Barcelona.

I’ve not been paying attention. Have Barca actually been given special dispensation to ignore the window? I mean, what?

it's a la liga agreement that applies to all clubs as far as i understand it - certain circumstances have to be met, player out for x amount months and has to be removed from the squad etc.

they can all do it if they met the criteria

Ah right, that makes more sense I guess. Not enough sense to be legit because of all the knock-on effects though.

It should just be a loan until summer.

Or they should just suck it up and play somebody out of position, or change formation, or play one of the many kids they've consistently broken the rules to sign *grumble*.

It's not like Barcelona have a famed academy that constantly produces talent either.

Guest neesy111

Barca have produced almost fuck all for quite a while.  Madrid's academy is better currently.

Ansu Fati being an exception to the rule in recent seasons.

Are Leganes given an opportunity to replace? Braithwaite is their leading scorer and they are currently in a tough relegation fight. This is the equivalent of Manchester City just coming in and taking Pukki from Norwich or Deeney from Watford outside of the transfer window. It is markedly unfair to Leganes' sporting and financial fortunes.

Essentially La Liga has a rule that allows you to sign a player to replace a player suffering a season-ending injury. It has been invoked many times, not just by big guns.

That said, I see little point in buying Braithwaite, just throw Fati in there and see if the kid sinks or swims. That's how Xavi made it to the first team ffs.

Essentially La Liga has a rule that allows you to sign a player to replace a player suffering a season-ending injury. It has been invoked many times, not just by big guns.

That said, I see little point in buying Braithwaite, just throw Fati in there and see if the kid sinks or swims. That's how Xavi made it to the first team ffs.

Should have just kep Abel Ruiz

Are Leganes given an opportunity to replace?

No, and this is why I said it stinks.  Leganes are 2 points from safety, this could send them down.

"We want to raise our voice. We are in a situation of enormous and serious damage. We cannot understand the current regulation that a club, having a long-term injury, can perform this operation unilaterally and transfer its problem to the club.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1244939/Barcelona-Martin-Braithwaite-Transfer-Leganes-News-Rumours-Gossip