The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

I don't think Tim Sherwood is arrogant.

You must have a vastly different understanding of the word to most people. Undecided on Sherwood tbh, the bloke's undoubtedly a massive wanker but at least he seemingly takes risks as a manager.

Still, hope it all implodes deliciously at Villa.

Yeah Sherwood is a massive wanker, that's as accurate as we need to be about him.

Tim will tell if his record negates that or not, I suspect he'll end up average and/or found out.

thought it said that,  :lol: the prick

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I don't think City are that good and I think if they face PSG or Real Madrid in the CL at some stage they'll get battered

When I say "that good" like they're obviously very good, I just don't think they're as good as some are saying

Just the 14 consecutive league wins, top of their Champions League group, +37 goal difference after 16 games. Should do better like.

We shall see, feel free to pull me up on it if they win/go close to the Champions League

I don't think City are that good and I think if they face PSG or Real Madrid in the CL at some stage they'll get battered

When I say "that good" like they're obviously very good, I just don't think they're as good as some are saying

That may be, but clearly Real aren't as good as you are saying, because we gubbed them.

I think the CL is wide open this year.

That may be, but clearly Real aren't as good as you are saying, because we gubbed them.

I think the CL is wide open this year.

Real are improving, hammered Sevilla this weekend and Ronaldo is back to form.  Group stage doesn't count for much. They didn't top their group last season either and then were outstanding in the knockouts

Possibly sacrilege around here, but Man City are better at keeping it in the corner in the final minutes than Alan Shearer. More entertaining too.

Was just thinking on saturday with Leicester at the end that that was the most I've seen a team manage to keep it in the corner since Shearer was a master of it. Shearer was so shameless with it, I've not seen Man City, but never seen anyone like him with it.

Relegation fights aren't far reaching & savage enough. The top 6 are rewarded each year, with the opportunity to play in Europe, so the bottom 6 should be hauled over the coals.

My system (which includes 4 team promotion from the Championship)...... 4 relegation places, two of which (19th & 20th) are automatically culled/relegated. 15v18 and 16v17 decide who else goes down ie. the losers of those two ties.

• 1 month later...

Obviously one game proves nothing but I reiterate my point