The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

While I agree he is a phenomenal player, Eden Hazard doesn't do enough silly skill moves to really impress me.

He's never been regarded as that kind of player IMO - a trickster - he's more in the bracket of "supremely effective" - like Robben. Not the best on the eye, but very destructive in your side.

While I agree he is a phenomenal player, Eden Hazard doesn't do enough silly skill moves to really impress me.

He's never been regarded as that kind of player IMO - a trickster - he's more in the bracket of "supremely effective" - like Robben. Not the best on the eye, but very destructive in your side.

:thup:

Wish he played for Belgium the same way he plays for Chelsea. With the national team he tends to stop the flow of the play constantly. De Bruyne runs the show there. Hazard has everything to be a top 3 player in the world, but sometimes it doesn't look like he's giving his all out there.

Absolutely brilliant at winning fouls though. That's what is going to put him in that top bracket. Winning fouls. He needs to buck Mourinho.

Anything short of winning the league & reaching CL Final would be an underachievement for Chelsea.

Absolutely brilliant at winning fouls though. That's what is going to put him in that top bracket. Winning fouls. He needs to buck Mourinho.

Anything short of winning the league & reaching CL Final would be an underachievement for Chelsea.

Winning the league and going out to Bayern, Barcelona or Real Madrid in the semi's won't ever be seen as an underachievement.

He's still got time but he's not as effective as Robben. Robbens averaging 2 in 3 for Bayern since he's joined.

Wish he played for Belgium the same way he plays for Chelsea. With the national team he tends to stop the flow of the play constantly. De Bruyne runs the show there. Hazard has everything to be a top 3 player in the world, but sometimes it doesn't look like he's giving his all out there.

He's never going to be a top 3 in the world player with Mourinho as manager IMO. He spends too much time in his own half and tracking back to get ridiculous amounts of goals and assists

Hazard is one of the best in the world, for sure. In a way, I sometimes think he's underrated - when naming #3 after Messi/Ronaldo he never gets mentioned.

I'd still probably put Aguero, Suarez or Bale there, but Hazard's in the mix.

Winning the league and going out to Bayern, Barcelona or Real Madrid in the semi's won't ever be seen as an underachievement.

There's no reason Chelsea shouldn't be able to beat one of those considering how they're performing in the league, their experience and signings over the last few years. The squad and team is exactly how their manager likes it.

1 trophy in 2 years would be poor from Mourinho.

Hazard is one of the best in the world, for sure. In a way, I sometimes think he's underrated - when naming #3 after Messi/Ronaldo he never gets mentioned.

It's because he's clearly not a top 3 player in the world tbf. He's an excellent footballer but there's a case for him not being top three in the PL as well with Aguero, Yaya, Di Maria and Fabregas. Although going by Yaya's and Man U's season he could easily be seen within that top 3 as well.

He'd have trouble starting for both Barcelona and Bayern as well. IMO.

There's no reason Chelsea shouldn't be able to beat one of those considering how they're performing in the league, their experience and signings over the last few years. The squad and team is exactly how their manager likes it.

Absolutely, I just don't think it's an underachievement. Still think they're the 4th best team in Europe so it (imo btw) wouldn't really be an underachievement to lose to one of the three teams which imo are better.

He's never going to be a top 3 in the world player with Mourinho as manager IMO. He spends too much time in his own half and tracking back to get ridiculous amounts of goals and assists

He doesn't track back THAT much in non-important games yet he doesn't score a shitload either.

Absolutely, I just don't think it's an underachievement. Still think they're the 4th best team in Europe so it (imo btw) wouldn't really be an underachievement to lose to one of the three teams which imo are better.

For managerial genius Mourinho it would be. Looking objectively maybe not. But then the ball-licking should stop.

Hazard has a pretty long way to go to be the third best in the world. Hazard is a long way behind Robben who I think is the third best in the world. IMO of course

Absolutely no way he's behind Bale like.

Neymar has been better than all those names mentioned this season. (well except Messi and Ronaldo obviously)

Neymar has been outstanding tbf. I just want to wait until later stages of CL to see if he can keep up his form against that quality opposition

I'm not concerned about that tbh, he's been a big game player the whole time he's been at Barca and usually for the national team too.

Plus he's already scored against both Madrid teams this season and what else is there?  Bayern and Chelsea probably, so yeah I believe he'll perform in those games.

I think if Hazard was at Bayern he'd transform to the next step and he'd be in the top 5 no question, can't really see that happening for him anywhere else for  a while yet though. Other than Bayern I think Chelsea are the next best team for him in terms of showing his skill, getting a share of media/public attention and to win trophies at.