The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

HBA is overrated especially on here and constantly flatters to deceive. Marveaux as well. Both are completely wasted in any case under Pardew at NUFC, and should be actively trying to leave.

I agree tbh. I also suspect Ben Arfa just see's Newcastle as an easy place to spend his career. He's paid well, the fans like him, his position in the team is safe, the manager just wants to be his buddy, and if he gets injured he can f*** off to Paris or Tunisia.

I'm just gonna sound like a fanboy here but I really can't understand how people can say Ben Arfa's overrated, when they've seen some of the stuff he's done in the side.

I find him frustrating and too selfish sometimes. He's ridiculously talented but there is a reason he isn't at a top club and probably won't move to one in the future, it's the mental side of his game that is lacking.

I'm just gonna sound like a fanboy here but I really can't understand how people can say Ben Arfa's overrated, when they've seen some of the stuff he's done in the side.

He is massively talented. Very few players in the world have his skill.

But he also runs hot and cold. He may make two or three brilliant runs in a game, but he also disappears from the match for long stretches. Much of that is down to how poorly we play as a whole, but he needs to be far more consistent.

HBA has a lot of similar skills to Messi but is less than 1% as effective. That's what is disappointing. He should be a much better player than he is. I don't think he takes this footballing lark very seriously and is wasting the talent he has and what's left of his career.

HBA has a lot of similar skills to Messi but is less than 1% as effective. That's what is disappointing. He should be a much better player than he is. I don't think he takes this footballing lark very seriously and is wasting the talent he has and what's left of his career.

:lol:

Oh right my bad.

Anyway Hatem is a classic case of football being more than just talent, he plays like he's playing down the park with his mates.

The reason Messi is the best isn't talent; its tactical discipline, great mentally etc etc.

His talent doesn't even begin to scratch the surface why he's so good.

Gary Neville is not that good a pundit. He will never overly criticise players in the England squad. Last season De Gea made a mistake against Tottenham and Neville slaughtered him. Hart has made many more mistakes than De Gea did and Neville has never come close to giving Hart as much criticism as De Gea. Last night Ashley Cole clearly dived after nutmegging Jones and after Chamberlain pushed him for an answer he said he went over slightly easily.

Gary Neville is not that good a pundit. He will never overly criticise players in the England squad. Last season De Gea made a mistake against Tottenham and Neville slaughtered him. Hart has made many more mistakes than De Gea did and Neville has never come close to giving Hart as much criticism as De Gea. Last night Ashley Cole clearly dived after nutmegging Jones and after Chamberlain pushed him for an answer he said he went over slightly easily.

No other pundits do, they dont want upset their mates! 

He is on the England coaching staff to be fair to him, not exactly going to call Ashley Cole a massive cheating bellend

That's what I'm getting at. It's a conflict of interests.

Correct, still an alright pundit compared to the dross on the BBC. 

Guest firetotheworks

He's much better in the studio than he is as a co-commentator. He's already made his point about the whole diving epidemic and refuses to call players cheats. It's definitely a conflict of interest, I agree. I still think he's an excellent pundit, by far the best on T.V and it's still refreshing.

• 3 weeks later...

Di Canios alright

He is

As far as fascist madmen go I suppose.

My fascist madmen power rankings for this week. Hitler is up two spots after a N-O PR campaign to credit him for all the amazing things he accomplished.

1. Hitler (+2)

2. Di Canio (-1)

3. Mussolini (-1)