The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Guest Terry-Thomas

You're outgunned by common sense, which is normally a rarity on this board.

I'm outgunned by people who overrate Robert including yourself, but carry on.

Robert was average at best.

Robert Pattinson?

Moncur obviously. Or Mitchell.

I'm outgunned by familiarity and numbers here but the idea that Laurent Robert was a Newcastle great is fucking ridiculous in my opinion. I watched him many, many times and I think he was fuck all myself.

He'd go in and out of form in minutes, he was frustrating, petulant, work shy and lazy but fuck me when he got it right he was untouchable or unplayable, and that is what people are aluding too. Those moments stopped coming far too soon and he faded fast.

He couldn't control a game, or dominate it, give a man of the match performance, he was all about the moment and its in those moments some sheer genius was on display, stuff I hadn't seen since Ginola and have only seen since in Ben Arfa, so yes, the Robert highlight reel is gorgeous, but watching him in a typical match was more infuriating than a pleasure but those one off moments when he got it right were magic and totally and utterly unplayable. 

The only kind of consistency he ever had was he'd turn it on against spurs, god how he hated them fuckers.  :lol:

Although by the 2004-2005 season he was more frustrating than productive, Laurent Robert was exceptional in his first full season. Robert and Bellamy helped transform that NUFC side from mid-table mediocrity into the most exciting Newcastle side since the mid-90's.

So who is Terry Thomas? Definitely a member who was previously banned imo (given he has already called Neil out as a scouse cunt) but Mackem or WUM Newcastle fan?

Still going Mackem given his past comments but I can't remember any obvious mackem candidates who have recently left us.

So who is Terry Thomas? Definitely a member who was previously banned imo (given he has already called Neil out as a scouse cunt) but Mackem or WUM Newcastle fan?

Still going Mackem given his past comments but I can't remember any obvious mackem candidates who have recently left us.

I wonder what this guys plan is, I'm sure it's masterful.

I think some people misunderstand the idea of this thread... posting opinions that are just clearly wrong seems a bit silly. Anyway, carry on.

Late to the thread  - but from the title I thought it might be an opportunity for anyone who has an unfashionable view to let it go here. Like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Krul etc have not put in transfer requests and we have not sacked Pardew so everything is clearly cool at SJP - that sort of stuff? 

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I think that Sol Campbell at his peak was the best English centre half we've had for a while.

We = England? Yeah probably, although I think Rio is class.

We = Newcastle? Well, yeah he probably was :lol: Nah I like Saylor really.