The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Guest bimpy474

He's awful at set pieces full stop. Rest of his game (minus the horrible lack of pace) is pretty Rolls Royce, obviously.

Well i was trying to be tactful, but what Ron said. :lol:

He's awful at set pieces full stop. Rest of his game (minus the horrible lack of pace) is pretty Rolls Royce, obviously.

Well i was trying to be tactful, but what Ron said. :lol:

Probably why our set pieces are so shit. Pardew must be scratching his head every match day when in training the lofted ball to Williamson results in a goal every 9 out of 10 attempts.

Guest bimpy474

He's not great at jumping, tbh.

His marking is terrible, often loses his man.

Colo's not quick by any means but I don't think it stands out in his game. Sometimes he gets too close and his lack of pace is exposed (though that has improved immeasurably since his first season) and he gets out to help the full-back in good time. Aerially, he's so-so.

He was fucking brilliant in the season before last (5th). Every week was nearly flawless. Last season he was only okay until the shit hit the fan, but I'm ecstatic that he's staying and don't have any major worries about him being an asset for us again.

I want Sunderland to be in whatever league we're in. There's already too many emotionless matches without losing another 2.

You can talk absolute horseshite at times, but this is a brilliant one.

You said this in the right thread at least. If you want to post examples I'm all ears/eyes?

Not just me talking absolute horseshite then? :iamatwat:

Last season he was only okay until the shit hit the fan, but I'm ecstatic that he's staying and don't have any major worries about him being an asset for us again.

He actually played far better after his 'personal problems' were revealed in January.

I thought he had a good season all in all and was superb coming back from injury at the end. He made a few errors but nothing you couldn't forgive due to how fucking great we were at conceding possession and inviting pressure.

You've got to protect Colo a little bit by not playing too high a line and partnering him with a dominant header of the ball. One of the reasons Mapou probably won't start with everyone fit.

Guest Yanga

I thought he had a good season all in all and was superb coming back from injury at the end. He made a few errors but nothing you couldn't forgive due to how f***ing great we were at conceding possession and inviting pressure.

You've got to protect Colo a little bit by not playing too high a line and partnering him with a dominant header of the ball. One of the reasons Mapou probably won't start with everyone fit.

Pains me to say it but Colo and Williamson has probably been our best CB partnership over the last few years.

Saying that, Colo and Mapou have to play together - if they click, they could be one of the league's best pairings. Same applies for Cabaye and Tiote at CM.

We don't know how well Colo and Mapou will play together so I'll let that one go, but Cabaye and Tiote? Come on, man. One's total crap and the other's never really going to excel in this league, especially not when he has to carry the other.

Guest neesy111

We really struggle with/manage to fuck up CM partnerships like :lol:

Acuna & McClen was probably the best one in my era  :D

Brian Kerr ftw.