The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Lawro is class and I enjoy how much he winds everyone else up.

Now this I can agree with.

OK, so if you're the kind of person that needs a squeaky voiced commentator screaming about how glorious everything is then Lawro isn't your man.  Or if you are desperate for a co-commenter who has the eyesight and mental capacity to talk over slomo-replays using hindsight to say exactly where the defender should stand, cos you know the co-commentator is dead right on everything...  But, if like me, you want some foul tempered cynical old cunt making a mockery of anything pathetic on display then there is nobody better than Lawro.

It might be nice to have someone on TV who actually gives you a insight into football though.

Retired managers would be ace.  Actually, articulate retired managers.  Plus Lawro for japes every now and then.  Lawro was amazing commentating on the scummy Brazilians.

That's not just unpopular, it's as wrong as humanly possible.

An out of form Torres playing in a team that he didn't really fit into still managed over 20 goals last season.

Move him away from Chelsea and I think you still have a top class player on your hands.

Torres is a proper Crouch of a striker these days.  Can net a double hat trick against the dog and duck, but cannot control a pass against the likes of Norwich.

You can obviously see glimpses of his former quality, but now his body is letting him down, he needs to man-up (oops, sorry Liverpool cunts) and change his approach.

An out of form Torres playing in a team that he didn't really fit into still managed over 20 goals last season.

Move him away from Chelsea and I think you still have a top class player on your hands.

Only 8 of those goals came in the league mind.

It might be nice to have someone on TV who actually gives you a insight into football though.

I know, at least we have Micheal Owen now......

http://i56.tinypic.com/28lwaie.gif

The Arseholes always land on their feet as pundits. It makes good television because they are good antagonists.

When there's a clear foul, handball, etc. I've got no problem with a player trying to influence the ref into booking him or waving the imaginary card.

Agreed.

If someone cynically fouled my team mate I'd have no problem telling the ref to book him.

How long are you allowed to be "out of form" instead of just not being as good as you once were? Torres has been gash for the last three years or something now. Considering the attacking midfielders at Chelsea's disposal and him being pretty much their only striker the first half of the season, 8 league goals is rubbish.

Guest neesy111

I hope the money in football eventually implodes the game to get back to a level of the late 90's in terms of money being spent.

When there's a clear foul, handball, etc. I've got no problem with a player trying to influence the ref into booking him or waving the imaginary card.

I love penalty box grappling, cynical trips and all other means of defending being pushed right to the limits of acceptability - and wish we had more players who had the nouse to do it and get away with it.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00711/sport-graphics-2007_711806a.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

Lawrenson isn't a bad pundit, he's just a bad person.

Beckham is not over rated.

Players that rely on pace are almost all shit, and wont last. Particularly Walcott.

Barcelona aren't fun to watch anymore.

I can't be arsed with Newcastle/Sunderland football patter.

Joe Kinnear has stopped me from giving a shit about NUFC aside from results.

I think footballers deserve the wage they get.

Agree.

Me too. Although maybe not 'deserve', as how much someone deserves to earn is a fairly nonsense claim.

But they should have the lion's share of the money that is generated from their sport.

Agree.

Me too. Although maybe not 'deserve', as how much someone deserves to earn is a fairly nonsense claim.

But they should have the lion's share of the money that is generated from their sport.

Deserve might not be the best word but it's an entertainment industry, and they seem to be the only entertainers that get scrutinised because of how much they earn.

Guest neesy111

Agree.

Deserve might not be the best word but it's an entertainment industry, and they seem to be the only entertainers that get scrutinised because of how much they earn.

Hollywood actors were for a good while.  Mind their pay has came down quite a bit in recent years (offset by earning more if a movie is successful).

I think bringing back standing areas is a bad idea, can see it now fights breaking out "oi daft cunt watch where ya jumping" and so on, even if there was a minimum age set this shit would still happen. Not to mention the mass pick pocketing that would go on, its an organised gang crime now a days the opportunity would be to great to miss.

It would be amazing for those of us who grew up standing on the terraces, it was those days after all that created the fame of stands such as the Gallowgate and the Kop. Noise and passion were bred on those terraces but sadly those days are gone now and we need have to accept it.