Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Guest toonbaz

it was only last week that mort was adamant that sam was going nowhere, something drastic must have happened for this to happen now. as unhappy as i've been with this season i cant help but think this is a mistake, there has to come a time where we give someone a decent chance to turn the club around. i only hope someone "special" is lined up ready to take over.

Alan Oliver was right :lol: :lol:

Mutual consent though, so maybe BS couldn't handle it anymore?

Either that or they've got someone significantly better lined up. It'd be a fucking joke if we ended up hiring someone like Jol, who's slightly better at best.

Good news IMO...

However it would be so stupid to sack the manager and not to have a replacement lined up. A total waste of a good transfer window! Ashley and Mort seems like like very reasonable and clever guys so I'm thinking we won't go for Shearer quitye yet. He could be brought in as an assistant to a big name manager appointment...at least I hope so

I'm so bored of the defensive football we've been playing recent years and trying to fix the defence which obviously isn't working. It's about time for a change...

Right, I'm going to walk past St James on the way to work and go undercover as a mong to get on TV.  Then I'll cast off my cunning disguise and say "Please not fucking Shearer!" before they realise their mistake and cut the feed.

SSN say Allardyce took training this morning, and gave a press conference at 1, then spoke to SSN at 5 with no mention of him leaving, infact when SSN asked him about the rumours he said it was news to him, 20 minutes later he was gone.

Guest toonbaz

Shearer 4/6          Klinnsmann J 16/1    Ince P 20/1 

Redknapp H 4/1    Van Basten J 16/1    McClaren S 25/1 

Jol M 6/1              Schuster B 16/1        Bruce S 33/1 

Houllier G 8/1        Lippi M 16/1              Keane R 33/1 

Mourinho J 12/1    Strachan G 20/1      Keegan K 50/1 

Hughes M 12/1      Souness G 100/1 

skybets odds for next manager

Ashley must have someone lined up unless Allardyce has driven this himself.

If the club has suggested he leaves then only 6 months into his contract it will be bloody expensive.

All that I can find on the news is that it is by mutual agreement, that could mean anything but, almost certainly means he has been paid up to go!

Just hope Ashley pulls a rabbit out of the hat, would be delighted if it was Jose!

Im guessing he wanted out, as Mort and Ashley said they were fully behind him.

Tottally shocked, but all this talk of a Jose or someone coming to newcastle ? Why would he want to.

Guest tuppence

If no-one good has been lined up then this is a shocking decision. I would have given Sam some more time. God knows the amount of money being spent on this sacking.

SSN say Allardyce took training this morning, and gave a press conference at 1, then spoke to SSN at 5 with no mention of him leaving, infact when SSN asked him about the rumours he said it was news to him, 20 minutes later he was gone.

That really is pathetic. Hoped Mort would be better than that.

Klinnsmann J 16/1 

Van Basten J 16/1   

Schuster B 16/1       

Houllier G 8/1   

Mourinho J 12/1     

Hughes M 12/1

Lippi M 16/1 

skybets odds for next manager

I'd take any of them.

Guest ryanegg

I'm actually speechless. Shearer or Jol would just be a big step back imo. I can't actually think of anyone realistically available to us who could take us forward. In a dream world i'd go for the special one but i very much doubt he'd come here. Best of luck tho Sam, you deserved more time.

Guest Phil K

Bloody hell, was at least expecting him to be given the january transfer window. Does this mean Shearer has been lined up then?

And Is there any club that sacks managers faster than newcastle? You wont get into the cl again imo if you keep doing this.

+

While true, it has to be remembered that all has been down to Shepherd bad chairmanship - his choices, his disasters. Now we'll see what the current bosses choices are.

As for the Arsenal fan - its easy to judge others when you're winning trophies, playing great football, and have a quality manager in long term charge who knows his stuff and plays good to watch football.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. How'd you feel then if you'd won NOTHING for 50+ years, have attendances up there with all the teams who DO win things, and see one manager after another heading nowhere, while another team at the other end of the country wins everything regularly ? Tell you what - I'd not be criticising your club, thats for damn sure

No manager appointed - mort. majority of other sources say no one lined up. i am livid couldnt be a worse time. we could really be in shit here if no one is lined up. the transfer window is done for us for sure. madness we are the laughing stock again. a huge gamble from mort and ashley.