Other clubs' transfers

Greg

West Ham have bid accepted for £29m Maxi Gomex after already signing £24m Pablo Fornals  :lol:

They are signing Joan Jordan as well for £15 million.

Crazy to think they finished 10th last season same position as we did first season up also finished below us that season yet they’ve been able to spend about £200million net more than us from the similar league places :lol:

Still waiting for Rafa just to be allowed it spend our TV/League placement money for the last 2 seasons.

£4million net spend since June 2016.

Funny how one transfer just skews everything that’s went above regarding the money they’re spending this summer. That would pay for two of those players.

Not really becuase they won’t get more than £30million for Diop and they spent £22milion to get him in the first place :lol:

I don’t know how that lot don’t end up going bust. They do fuck all throughout the season and seem to spunk loads of money every summer

only started last summer after the fans booted off no?

Getting a brand new stadium with an extra 25k seats for pretty much free probably helps as well

I don’t know how that lot don’t end up going bust. They do fuck all throughout the season and seem to spunk loads of money every summer

Getting a brand new stadium with an extra 25k seats for pretty much free probably helps as well

aye i was taking issue with the "every summer" bit, prior to last summer they weren't spending loads iirc

aye i was taking issue with the "every summer" bit, prior to last summer they weren't spending loads iirc

According to transfermarkt, the season before they bought Arnautovic for £20m+, and Chicarito for £16m (Although making an overall net profit). The summer before THAT, they spent £75m (Ayre for £21m+), and recouped 36m.

According to transfermarkt, the season before they bought Arnautovic for £20m+, and Chicarito for £16m (Although making an overall net profit). The summer before THAT, they spent £75m (Ayre for £21m+), and recouped 36m.

Hardly a major splash in the modern game though is it? They have also posted a profit the last couple of years, so they are hardly mortgaging the farm.

For all the shit the owners get (and they are odious people) - they run it well from a commercial sense.  No doubt not plastering it for free with their own companies advertising might help.

Hardly a major splash in the modern game though is it? They have also posted a profit the last couple of years, so they are hardly mortgaging the farm.

For all the shit the owners get (and they are odious people) - they run it well from a commercial sense.  No doubt not plastering it for free with their own companies advertising might help.

think it was a few things combined wasn't it, such as having a shite manager...selling ayew one year after signing him to fund arnautovic or whatever, fans booted off wanting a change of direction and got it

think it was a few things combined wasn't it, such as having a shite manager...selling ayew one year after signing him to fund arnautovic or whatever, fans booted off wanting a change of direction and got it

If only we had shite managers, selling Merino a year later, fans protesting....I wish we had made anywhere near such minor splashes....they’ve broken our current transfer record a few times in the last few years. Fucking West Ham man. Sorry, getting annoyed, and it’s fucking Ashley to blame yet again!

Their net spend is near £160million since June 2016 if Maxi Gomez accepts the contract offer.

Meanwhile ours is £4million net.

They finished 10th last season which is a bit of an underachievement considering we finished 10th first season up :lol:

Money means nothing if you have a goon spending it. I don’t think Pellegrini is a goon but he’s in that echelon below the best managers.

They should be aiming for 6th yet will probably hover around 8-10th all season. How can that not be looked as a failure?

Money means nothing if you have a goon spending it. I don’t think Pellegrini is a goon but he’s in that echelon below the best managers.

They should be aiming for 6th yet will probably hover around 8-10th all season. How can that not be looked as a failure?

To be fair there's 3 or 4 teams spending at similar levels. When was the last time a West Ham manager had more than a season AND investment? I can't remember such a good spread of top quality players outside the big guns within any league.