Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm still confused as to whether mimms' info/fridge excitement was over the worfund anti competition letter, or some kind of progress between de marco and PL, or somewhere in between.

Yeah think that is important, is the fans letter just another route to apply pressure whilst negotiations are ongoing.

Anyone who believed what Mimms' said was going to lead to a takeover anymore than 10-15% is a fool after the nonsense we've heard over the last 4/5 months :lol:

He might well turn out to be right but I don't understand why people are hanging on to everything he's saying.

It's not really a deadline though.

Is Liam Kennedy lying? As he reckons it is.

I personally have no idea.

It's entirely plausible that Liam Kennedy has no idea too.

Well it is and it isn't, it's simply the deadline that the letter has given for a response before they start instigating court proceedings, which isn't something that is likely to happen quickly or might not at all.

So it's only a deadline in that the letter says 'respond by this date', there probably isn't any consequence for the PL if they don't respond.

Also, I can't be arsed to look it up but I think the procedral guidance recommends at least a month is given to respond.

Isn't this just to strengthen the case for Ashley if it goes to court?

It really doesn't look good for the PL that they have failed to respond and could be used by the lawyers of Ashley that the PL are incompetent and/or hiding something.

I think the legal action involving De Marco will start very soon.

He might well turn out to be right but I don't understand why people are hanging on to everything he's saying.

Desperation.

I hold my hands up, I'm one of them. I'm desperate for Ashley to be gone.

Can't blame you, all we have is a tiny bit of hope to cling onto. Whether you believe Mimms or not is a different matter, and he's probably honest too, even though he cant control the outcome. Just appreciate whatever he's feeding us with. Can always ignore instead.