Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

There does seem to be too much going on in the background for there not to be some truth in this, I can absolutely empathise with people thinking nothing but the worst, NUFC doesn't have nice things. I wouldn't say I have any confidence but I wouldn't say I feel negative towards it either, I'm keeping an open mind on the situation until we hear definitive news either way, anything else will just drive you mad. This limbo state isn't fair on anyone though, least of all supporters.

I don't think there can be any doubt that there has been lots going on since the 'withdrawl'.

The question is whether you believe anything has been achieved since, or if all efforts have been in vain.

Btw I was manor park before manor park was born...

After sleeping on it, this will still happen. It’s just the ultimate pressure applied on the pl to do something. All eyes on the pl, think they are about to get burned.

f***ing Hell man  :lol: I love your optimism but you are like King Canute 

After all that's been said in the last 12 hours or so, financially unviable, walking away, victory for the oppressed it would be a bigger shitstorm if the PL now approve.  They  will look like they've been played and had their hands forced (or cut off) by the Saudi bullies 

It can't happen now imo

The Consortium have blown the lid off this and fans are about to fight back. Maybe not on here, but other avenues. They’ll fight for it, they’ll fight the PL and I think a few of the journos will get behind them now it’s close season as what else is there to do, but most importantly the government will have their say at some point and masters will find out he’s not appreciated and not the all powerful person he thinks he is.

If the pl are yet to have a formal withdrawal, and the consortium and Ashley are still willing to do the deal, then this is just pressure play, but they’ve gone all in from the off to inflict maximum impact. Pl aren’t going to be allowed to just walk away from this.

I was pretty much the only one saying it was still on the days after it was called off. But things change.

It seemed that I was the only one saying it was still on, a lot of the time then, the amount of stick I was getting for keeping on saying it.

#wait

They all met yesterday at SJP to watch the match on TV and agree a transitionary relationship with it looking like the lawyers will eventually do their stuff. That’s why Ashley wasn’t there yesterday.

Statement will be to announce Jamie Reuben as Executive Director (Commercial and Property) who will be working alongside Charnley.

That’s my prediction.

There does seem to be too much going on in the background for there not to be some truth in this, I can absolutely empathise with people thinking nothing but the worst, NUFC doesn't have nice things. I wouldn't say I have any confidence but I wouldn't say I feel negative towards it either, I'm keeping an open mind on the situation until we hear definitive news either way, anything else will just drive you mad. This limbo state isn't fair on anyone though, least of all supporters.

No-one knows what's going on in the background.

As much as I want to believe Mimms he hasn't actually given any info of note. If he/she knows enough to know there will be a statement then surely he'd have an inkling of the content regardless of which way it goes, or at least caveat that his 'source' couldn't/wouldn't say

Personally, i don't think we'll hear anything at all this week, and Mimms will be hounded off the forum

EDIT...Ill refrain from comment in future if wrong

No-one knows what's going on in the background.

As much as I want to believe Mimms he hasn't actually given any info of note. If he/she knows enough to know there will be a statement then surely he'd have an inkling of the content regardless of which way it goes, or at least caveat that his 'source' couldn't/wouldn't say

Personally, i don't think we'll hear anything at all this week, and Mimms will be hounded off the forum

EDIT...Ill refrain from comment in future if wrong

He said there would be a statement days before Ashley went and released one saying the bid had been rejected

A announcement will be made soon, in the coming days.

I don’t know if it is good or bad news but something will be put out there. 

I’m not a alt, can’t give sources, vague I know but one way or the other we will hear something.

7 days later Ashley released the statement

They all met yesterday at SJP to watch the match on TV and agree a transitionary relationship with it looking like the lawyers will eventually do their stuff. That’s why Ashley wasn’t there yesterday.

Statement will be to announce Jamie Reuben as Executive Director (Commercial and Property) who will be working alongside Charnley.

That’s my prediction.

This reads a lot like your GoT predictions.  :whistle:

That’s my prediction.

:lol: Written as absolute fact - even with specific detail - then a prediction disclaimer. So much to admire about this post.

That’s my prediction.

I was attempting this vibe the football forum people miss this side of me

That’s my prediction.

I was attempting this vibe the football forum people miss this side of me

Of course.