David Squires

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

He's got the Poborsky thing wrong like

Aye he's mixed him up with Davor Suker.

Poborsky still lobbed someone at Euro '96 though, aye? He can kind of get away with it because Schmeichel doesn't say that it was him that was lobbed. :lol:

I love that one though obviously. The 'shh' from Ginola. :lol:

He just posted about it on his twitter :lol:

"Well done to those of you who spotted the deliberate glaring factual error in that cartoon."

"Your prize is to come to my holiday accommodation and help to unfold me from the foetal position."

"My partner: "ah, don't worry about it, nobody will notice"

Me: "IT'S THE INTERNET""

He just posted about it on his twitter :lol:

"Well done to those of you who spotted the deliberate glaring factual error in that cartoon."

"Your prize is to come to my holiday accommodation and help to unfold me from the foetal position."

"My partner: "ah, don't worry about it, nobody will notice"

Me: "IT'S THE INTERNET""

:lol: :aww:

Guest firetotheworks

More about us at that time than the actual game, but a great take all the same!

The one I don't like to hear is "twelve-point lead", because Man Utd had two games in hand and won them both.

I often hear it as "a 12 point lead with 2 games in hand" [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Nothing will surpass Liverpool's fuck up under Rodgers and Gerrard's slip. They had that title way more in the bag than we did in 95/96.

Yes, they did, because it was right at the end of the season.

The one the media never mention is that Man Utd under Ferguson (!) managed to lose the league from this position. Six to play, eight points up and two ahead on goal difference, the reason they were ultimately overtaken.

http://s12.postimg.org/7bvsj33r1/league_2012.jpg

City were struggling with massive expectations and repeatedly failing in the CL at the time, so it was a huge boost and no doubt relief to them to get the thing won. No win here and who knows what chain of events would have come about.

I've just remembered, but in one of those games they were 4-2 up against Everton and then managed to ship two goals. They lost to City 1-0 without troubling the keeper and the other was a defeat to that resurgent Wigan team who beat everybody playing 3-4-3.