Newcastle United 2-3 Liverpool - 04/05/19 - Post match reaction from p 27

Greg

Agree with not seeing an issue with people celebrating goals as long as they aren't deliberately trying to incite some trouble

Nah. Home and away are segregated for a reason. If you're in the home end as an away supporter and you keep your mouth shut, then fair enough. Jump up and celebrate and you deserve to be ejected/given a hiding.

Deserve a hiding for celebrating a goal. Righto :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

What I find so sad is I’ve witnessed NUFC fans more offended by rival fans in the home end celebrating or cheering their own team on or more offended when a fellow Toon fan doesn’t sing along, take his shoes off or stays behind after the 90 minutes is up more than being offended when someone is using racist language or displaying racist behaviour. One act seemingly too offensive to resit kicking of over than the other. I’ve seen fans complain to stewards about swearing or people smoking and doing fuck all about any racist shit.

Anyone who took offence against a Liverpool fan whether they were celebrating, provoking someone or abusive and threatening themselves, by assaulting them are scum and deserve banned for life and prosecuted.

And anyone who thinks it’s fair game to dish out violence or abuse to a rival fan celebrating and cheering on their team as deserving such treatment or have only themselves to blame, you are scum too.

Football doesn’t give anyone the right to behave like dickheads or consider that the law and common decency doesn’t apply to those attending a football match.

Guest Howaythetoon

Honestly don't know how anyone here can want these diving whingeing cunts to win the league. The amount of decisions they've had this season is ridiculous. You can't breathe on them.

I don't get the love-in for Klopp from some people. By rights the title race should be over now. If that's 2-2, City are 4 goals ahead and need only 1 win from 2 games - can even afford a defeat. Klopp has ten times the budget Rafa has (no exaggeration) and his team created very little, relied on the ref and he comes out saying we're a long ball team and implies we got some decisions. He consistently talks shit. The league and media are on for Liverpool but I can't see why anyone here thinks them winning is good for the integrity of the league. They've been class this season and he's a great manager, but they've had so much nonsense go their way and last night is just another example. There's too much money to be had by taking the title race to the final day. We were on a hiding to nothing but should be proud of Rafa and the players. Poor defending on the set pieces but it's a bullshit result.

Spot on. People go on about it being good for the game if Liverpool win the title. As if they haven't spent hundreds of millions and bought favour with refs like the much maligned Chelsea and Man City. Utter nonsense.

Aye, let’s just support the isis of football owners because Liverpool man, we’ll never hear the end of it on social media and remember when they killed all those Juventus fans which by the way, was nowt compared to their behaviour at SJP Saturday evening.

Every penny Liverpool have spent on players they’ve generated as a club from within and not from some sovereign murdering terrorist state or a wealthy criminal like Abramovic. How anyone could want Man City to win the league and not Liverpool defies all logic. One is loathsome in a football sense, the other is loathsome on a human level. You cannot have a heart, mind or soul if you prefer Man City, just on a football level never mind anything else.

If you’re gonna use certain sticks to beat Liverpool with, that’s fine, but be reminded, all football is corrupt, bent and ugly. Man City are no different, and neither is their owners are who corrupt, bent and ugly in real life even more.

If you can’t bear Liverpool winning the league because of the OTT jizz fest by all and sundry, you can limit your exposure and cut it all out by not listening to or reading Rawk, social media, Sky, MOTD, newspapers, pundits, ex players or any of the others’ guff which may free up your time which I recommend you use to read up on the owners of Man City and their crimes against humanity and after that you can read about their crimes against football in whatever order you care most about. How about doping and financial fair play?

If Liverpool win the league I won’t have to bear any OTT love in because their win will pass quickly, noted but forgotten about because I just don’t give a damn what others say or their fans want to add to it with.

Why would anyone not connected to them be any more bothered?

Ironically the most level headed, more humble, least arrogant and more unconcerned with what others have to say will be every day people on Merseyside who from experience you’d think were not the same people as those on RAWK, social media, SKY, BT, MOTD and any other platform that generalises fans of Liverpool as self pitying, special, it’s never their fault, we are victims, it means more to us, loveable scallywags everyone seems to hate them for.

On every level you have no humanity if you hate them more than Man City and if that’s true, you’re even more detestable than they are both combined and hopefully you’ll be consumed by your hatred of them even more for beating City to the title. I hope it hurts like hell, as a Newcastle supporter would it, seriously? :lol:

It’s not about preferring Man City per se. it’s about the fact that if my team can’t win it I want the title to be as meaningless as possible. Right now that means Man City. If they win it’s easier to dismiss it. The club itself had infinite money so, you know, well done. How much credit can fans take? If they were there from the beginning then they know what a farce the whole thing is, if they jumped on the bandwagon then again, you know, well done.

I just want the fans of my team to be as happy as possible and to minimize the happiness of as many others as possible. Is that too much to ask?

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s not about preferring Man City per se. it’s about the fact that if my team can’t win it I want the title to be as meaningless as possible. Right now that means Man City. If they win it’s easier to dismiss it. The club itself had infinite money so, you know, well done. How much credit can fans take? If they were there from the beginning then they know what a farce the whole thing is, if they jumped on the bandwagon then again, you know, well done.

I just want the fans of my team to be as happy as possible and to minimize the happiness of as many others as possible. Is that too much to ask?

Fucking hell that’s sad, urgh. Liverpool winning the league sends out a message to your on club they too can win the league without being bankrolled by a terrorist state. If that’s what makes you feel your own club not winning the league more bearable though hey, that’s what it’s all about no...

Sorry, but I just don’t get this kind of rationalising!

Guest Howaythetoon

I prefer Man City so according to that absolutist nonsense I don’t have a heart, mind or soul.  Cheers. :lol:

You don’t, you just condense everything into your own trivial sensibililities of what you prefer. Evidently you prefer everything that’s wrong with the world and football for all of us over everything that’s wrong with Liverpool to you. Something you share with others who Liverpool winning the league is just wrong, so wrong it’s right Man City do instead. All because your poor little soul can’t bear dealing with. I’d rather not have a soul... 

Agree with not seeing an issue with people celebrating goals as long as they aren't deliberately trying to incite some trouble

Nah. Home and away are segregated for a reason. If you're in the home end as an away supporter and you keep your mouth shut, then fair enough. Jump up and celebrate and you deserve to be ejected/given a hiding.

Deserve a hiding for celebrating a goal. Righto :lol:

Deserve no, expect yes.  Anyone who goes in the wrong end and celebrates a goal and doesn’t expect to get a slap is an idiot. 

I think I understand your reasoning. I found it difficult to enjoy Leicester winning the league, because I was jealous. If Man City or Chelsea win it, I'm spared that 'it could have been us' feeling.

Having said that, I feel exasperated by the amount of support that Man City are getting on this site. They've been caught cheating before, and it looks like they've been cheating again. If there's any hope of a club our size winning the league, the rules about Financial Fair Play have to be enforced, and suitable deterrents made (ie docking points, as when clubs go into administration)

A club like Man City can't be allowed to kill off the competition by constantly pumping in money from outside the game, and cooking the books to hide it.

Honestly don't know how anyone here can want these diving whingeing cunts to win the league. The amount of decisions they've had this season is ridiculous. You can't breathe on them.

I don't get the love-in for Klopp from some people. By rights the title race should be over now. If that's 2-2, City are 4 goals ahead and need only 1 win from 2 games - can even afford a defeat. Klopp has ten times the budget Rafa has (no exaggeration) and his team created very little, relied on the ref and he comes out saying we're a long ball team and implies we got some decisions. He consistently talks shit. The league and media are on for Liverpool but I can't see why anyone here thinks them winning is good for the integrity of the league. They've been class this season and he's a great manager, but they've had so much nonsense go their way and last night is just another example. There's too much money to be had by taking the title race to the final day. We were on a hiding to nothing but should be proud of Rafa and the players. Poor defending on the set pieces but it's a bullshit result.

Spot on. People go on about it being good for the game if Liverpool win the title. As if they haven't spent hundreds of millions and bought favour with refs like the much maligned Chelsea and Man City. Utter nonsense.

Aye, let’s just support the isis of football owners because Liverpool man, we’ll never hear the end of it on social media and remember when they killed all those Juventus fans which by the way, was nowt compared to their behaviour at SJP Saturday evening.

Every penny Liverpool have spent on players they’ve generated as a club from within and not from some sovereign murdering terrorist state or a wealthy criminal like Abramovic. How anyone could want Man City to win the league and not Liverpool defies all logic. One is loathsome in a football sense, the other is loathsome on a human level. You cannot have a heart, mind or soul if you prefer Man City, just on a football level never mind anything else.

If you’re gonna use certain sticks to beat Liverpool with, that’s fine, but be reminded, all football is corrupt, bent and ugly. Man City are no different, and neither is their owners are who corrupt, bent and ugly in real life even more.

If you can’t bear Liverpool winning the league because of the OTT jizz fest by all and sundry, you can limit your exposure and cut it all out by not listening to or reading Rawk, social media, Sky, MOTD, newspapers, pundits, ex players or any of the others’ guff which may free up your time which I recommend you use to read up on the owners of Man City and their crimes against humanity and after that you can read about their crimes against football in whatever order you care most about. How about doping and financial fair play?

If Liverpool win the league I won’t have to bear any OTT love in because their win will pass quickly, noted but forgotten about because I just don’t give a damn what others say or their fans want to add to it with.

Ironically the most level headed, more humble, least arrogant and more unconcerned with what others have to say will be every day people on Merseyside who from experience you’d think were not the same people as those on RAWK, social media, SKY, BT, MOTD and any other platform that generalises fans of Liverpool as self pitying, special, it’s never their fault, we are victims, it means more to us, loveable scallywags everyone seems to hate them for.

On every level you have no humanity if you hate them more than Man City and if that’s true, you’re even more detestable than they are both combined and hopefully you’ll be consumed by your hatred of them even more for beating City to the title. I hope it hurts like hell, as a Newcastle supporter would it, seriously? :lol:

Wow man what a whopper. Who the fuck are you to think you're going to teach me about morality, humanity and hate? I don't need lessons from you about Man City's owners because I knew exactly who and what they were before you'd even heard of their names.:lol:

I don't give a shit about Man City or Chelsea because I'm not surrounded by their fans, plastic or otherwise. I am, however, surrounded by the most ignorant plastic Liverpool fans you've ever seen, and my "hate" for Liverpool and their fans stops at a football banter level and doesn't extend to real life. Liverpool provided me, in footballing terms, the most painful memory in my time supporting NUFC and my so-called friends lorded it over me for years, so why should I not want to do the same?

Ultimately you seem to have a special love for Liverpool buried deep down inside you, and wishing "hurt feelings" upon your fellow Newcastle supporters purely in defence of that rancid club winning the title is petty. Ironically that's what you're trying to accuse "us Liverpool haters" of. Get off your high horse man and if YOU don't like that people can't stand LFC and/or their fans, then you can simply stop reading about it.

Guest chopey

Anyone that has attended games from the early 80s will know exactly why liverpool/Everton fans have a notorious reputation.

Anyone that has attended games from the early 80s will know exactly why liverpool/Everton fans have a notorious reputation.

Never had any grief at games I've been to at Anfield mind, Goodison was always a different story......saw a mate of mine get stabbed there in 85.

If you went to Newcastle games in the 80s you'd be aware we had our very own reputation worthy service crew.

Just seen their second goal again. Hayden telling Schar to take Salah off him when Schar's already got Mane to deal with. Doesn't even properly have a look to see if anyone's there to take Salah off him, just lets him go anyway. :facepalm:

Yep.

My only rationale on this is that although I can't stand Man City, I fucking hate Liverpool.

What if you consider American capitalists to be more evil that Emirati kleptocrats?

I get both sides of it. I don’t particularly like this Liverpool team or their fans but I feel like Man City losing is more important than just football. They’re basically a propaganda tool for a country that owns slaves and kills gay people. Also Pep is a hypocritical cunt

Guest chopey

If you went to Newcastle games in the 80s you'd be aware we had our very own reputation worthy service crew.

We certainly did and so did most other clubs, but with Liverpool they always seemed to take it one step further, the garage on the corner where the Sandman now stands always got done over and they were the only ones I saw standing outside the turnstiles till 3:00pm and then rushing the gates to get let in for nowt.