Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

MA has already deflated the value of tickets (and NUFC brand)  and in particular ST's by giving away for free. For one thing people who have paid full price will be a bit pissed off about it and two, a lot of matchgoers now expect (well, almost expect) free tickets.

Guest chopey

"I know Ashley is taking me for a mug, and I know the product he sells is an absolute rip off, and I know as we approach the Apocalypse I will never see that money again but I've got a great seat and I can't give that up"

No mater what you think, fans shouldn't be having a go at others fans for going to matches now - the screw needs well and truly turned on this fat t*** after his actions this week

A new statement read: "Last week NUST contacted Newcastle United to express significant concerns regarding season ticket payments.

"We did not receive a response.

"Yesterday we went public with our request for the suspension of all future Season Ticket payments during this incredibly difficult time.

"There is no prospect of professional football recommencing any time soon given the current global health crisis, let alone the prospect of understanding the implications on timing on fixtures for next season.

"We find it incredibly disturbing that the club continues to take payments from supporters during these extremely difficult times, in what is a health and economic crisis.

"Following our call for the suspension and delay of all future Season Ticket payments Newcastle United contacted us earlier today.

"The club stated it has no intention of freezing or delaying payments, both for those that pay annually and monthly.

"Today, Tuesday 25 March 2020, Newcastle United took payments for the 2020/21 season from those supporters who opt to pay for their season ticket annually. Monthly payments will also continue as normal.

We are disappointed that Newcastle United is unwilling to offer a meaningful support system to fans through this difficult time. Many supporters can afford to continue to pay, but we still feel more MUST be done for supporters who will suffer most due to the knock on effects of coronavirus global pandemic.

"We are also deeply concerned to learn that some supporters who normally pay monthly have seen the full payment taken today. Any fans in that situation should contact the club immediately.

"Newcastle United have called for our support numerous times throughout the last decade and Newcastle fans have responded every time. At a time when fans now need reassurances and support, we are deeply disappointed the club will not reciprocate that support in these unique and challenging times."

Don’t really agree, boycotters have been called f***ing all sorts, anyone who tried to protest has been met with vitriol, so now hes doing exactly what he’s always done (being a parasitic c***) I’m supposed to be on their side? Ultimately they made a choice. They still have one now.

But then you've also made a choice that you've tried and given up, we're still in the same situation, and therefore you've given up and just accept what we have now in that case.

The only way, however hard it is, is to somehow try to get these people to change their mind, and abusing them and calling them the problem categorically will not do that.

The people still going after everything though, are the ones who’ll never change their view. They’ve had relegations, ground name changes, a wilful lack of ambition from the club, Pardew, becoming an advert for Sports Direct, Carver, Benitez leaving, planned boycotts, Bruce arriving, and there’s still 50,000 there.

It'll change if we go down and stay down though. I'd say a fair proportion go just to see Premier League football. Interest will wane if it's poor quality Championship football on offer for more than one season.

Tough financial times are ahead for everyone. At Ashley's prices, attendances will drop.

Be a full house when it returns.

Not a single Ashley Out song will be sang whilst Moussa Sissoko will be booed and abused relentlessly as the Donnay Army know he is amongst the purest evil alive as he was Rafa’s captain.

Looking forward to a transfer window where most clubs continue as normal. On the other hand we'll have three pieces a day from the Chronicle on why the Coronvirus is stopping Newcastle from spending. We'll also get a piece on how Newcastle were interested in Swansea's record £30M new signing.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this in the takeover thread, but I’m hanging all my hope on the Trust hopefully being able to pull some weight with any (potential) new owners with regards to people who have cancelled last summer and throughout the Ashley tenure.

Me and my family (4 of us) had 500+ points between us, so it was through a very heavy heart to get rid last summer. Especially when I’d just started taking my boy. I’m not really that bothered as much about the points, just hope I’d be able to get a ticket back. May look disloyal to those that stayed but I’d stayed through worse in the past, just literally couldn’t be arsed with Ashley anymore.

Got to hope the 10k Free Ticket Mags don’t sign up for another year I suppose, but I think tickets will be like hot cakes if (when) the takeover happens.

Hopefully good PR from new owners but I think it would ruffle a few feathers with the ‘loyal/Bruce-lot’ who kept their tickets.

Howay the fucking Trust.

I’ll get my ticket back, eventually.

Look at Man Utd, Chelsea, and Man City especially.

Tickets are very much available for most games.

I don’t see the situation changing much at SJP, especially if SJP is expanded as well.

For the first few years it maybe difficult, but over time people will fall away.

Also, if we ever got to a cup final, I always assumed I wouldn’t be able to get a ticket, I have always assumed that I would have to watch at home on TV. That’s ok, to be honest, if we won something, that would make me happier than I have ever been. I’d certainly be there for the trophy parade.

Guest neesy111

Did anyone else buy tickets for Bournemouth away? I had 5 and the club are so far refusing to refund them.

Legally they have to I think, aren't football tickets refundable due to not being legally allowed to sell them on?

Posted this in the takeover thread, but I’m hanging all my hope on the Trust hopefully being able to pull some weight with any (potential) new owners with regards to people who have cancelled last summer and throughout the Ashley tenure.

Me and my family (4 of us) had 500+ points between us, so it was through a very heavy heart to get rid last summer. Especially when I’d just started taking my boy. I’m not really that bothered as much about the points, just hope I’d be able to get a ticket back. May look disloyal to those that stayed but I’d stayed through worse in the past, just literally couldn’t be arsed with Ashley anymore.

Got to hope the 10k Free Ticket Mags don’t sign up for another year I suppose, but I think tickets will be like hot cakes if (when) the takeover happens.

Hopefully good PR from new owners but I think it would ruffle a few feathers with the ‘loyal/Bruce-lot’ who kept their tickets.

Howay the fucking Trust.

I made a point a few years ago when people on here started to absolutely blast those who still had their season ticket and went to the game, I said that I was keeping mine because at some point in the future we would be taken over and it would be difficult to get a seat again...  I made that mistake many years ago when the ground was being redeveloped and I was turning up each home game and paying on the turnstyles...  there was tons of pressure to buy season tickets in the newly opened areas but, I carried on paying on the gate - albeit I was moving to different areas of the ground due to my preferred area either being closed or sold out to season tickets....  I can still remember the week when I went with my mates and we couldn't get in anywhere....  I was about 14 years old and I didn't get into St James' for several seasons after that, I missed a load of the great times in the 90's simply because I didn't take anyones advice to buy a season ticket - they were cheap and plentiful but, I knew best!

I eventually got a season ticket in 2003 after being on the waiting list for a couple of seasons and had - in the end - three great seats for me and my dad then my young son joined us from about 2010.  Then the pressure came from others telling me that I was a puppet to Ashley and paying money to watch Newcastle was the worst thing I could possibly do...  I resisted, I had to walk through protests outside the ground, my dad had some bloke screaming in his face that he was a disgrace for entering St James' while Ashley was destroying the club and all this took its toll.

Last season I threw it in.  To be fair I was really not enjoying the football, going to the match had become a real drag and at the end of last season I decided that I had enough and was throwing it in.... 

You can imagine how I am feeling now....  We are on the verge of potentially some great times and I am once again on the outside.  I bowed to pressure and allowed myself to start to hate football because of others and because of Ashley.  Chances of getting a season ticket for next season???  Close to zero I would say.  I am gutted.

Howay the fucking Trust.

I made a point a few years ago when people on here started to absolutely blast those who still had their season ticket and went to the game, I said that I was keeping mine because at some point in the future we would be taken over and it would be difficult to get a seat again...  I made that mistake many years ago when the ground was being redeveloped and I was turning up each home game and paying on the turnstyles...  there was tons of pressure to buy season tickets in the newly opened areas but, I carried on paying on the gate - albeit I was moving to different areas of the ground due to my preferred area either being closed or sold out to season tickets....  I can still remember the week when I went with my mates and we couldn't get in anywhere....  I was about 14 years old and I didn't get into St James' for several seasons after that, I missed a load of the great times in the 90's simply because I didn't take anyones advice to buy a season ticket - they were cheap and plentiful but, I knew best!

I eventually got a season ticket in 2003 after being on the waiting list for a couple of seasons and had - in the end - three great seats for me and my dad then my young son joined us from about 2010.  Then the pressure came from others telling me that I was a puppet to Ashley and paying money to watch Newcastle was the worst thing I could possibly do...  I resisted, I had to walk through protests outside the ground, my dad had some bloke screaming in his face that he was a disgrace for entering St James' while Ashley was destroying the club and all this took its toll.

Last season I threw it in.  To be fair I was really not enjoying the football, going to the match had become a real drag and at the end of last season I decided that I had enough and was throwing it in.... 

You can imagine how I am feeling now....  We are on the verge of potentially some great times and I am once again on the outside.  I bowed to pressure and allowed myself to start to hate football because of others and because of Ashley.  Chances of getting a season ticket for next season???  Close to zero I would say.  I am gutted.

Yeah I wouldn’t worry too much mate. Had mine many years and had over 150pts but I’m still proud I had the courage to wrap it in. Nothing disloyal about caring so much it pushes you away.

I’m sure we will be able to get season tickets , we are in the middle of a pandemic and the trust will do all they can (I hope) to try get boycotters back.

I just worry about the animosity between those who stayed and those who got fed up and left.

I'd give first option based on previous points. If SJP is going to be the rocking cauldron we remember you need those hardcore fans back in the fold.

Do they keep a record of points?

I'd give first option based on previous points. If SJP is going to be the rocking cauldron we remember you need those hardcore fans back in the fold.

Do they keep a record of points?

Yeah I logged in this morning, you can see my history of 153 points etc.