General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Don't wanna be startin' something...

It would be nice if the photo had included Andy Cole. I understand that Kelly will play a bigger role in his autobiography, and in that respect it's a lush photo which pays homage to those that launched the Keegan revolution.

I guess the fact that he's not even in the periphery is enough to suggest he simply hadn't bonded with them in a way that would make him want to celebrate with them, and the photo op simply never arose. But from a NUFC supporter POV a picture of the three, together, on that day would be lush.

Cole’s role in that period can never be forgotten, from his opening goal against Notts County at home don’t think I was ever so excited in relation to a new player. I’d actually been desperate for us to sign him and couldn’t believe it when Keegan got him.

Slightly tarnished himself in my eyes with his Wembley antics, however as you mellow and get older you realise it was just youthful exuberance. His role in that period will never be forgotten he was electric.

He seems to be overlooked by alot of our fanbase.  Let's be clear when he was here he was the best striker nufc have had. We have had better all round centre forwards but as a pure goal scorer he was lethal. Cole still has the best season record for goals and assists in that season with Beardsley. It is overlooked how many chances he created too.

Just listened to him on Pod on the Tyne. Came across really well, I thought. When comparing it to other players stories about contract offers, it all sounded pretty believable.

Speaking of podcasts. What other NUFC related ones are worth a listen? Only ever listen to ones in the summer about horse racing. But quite enjoyed this.

True faith and all with smiling faces/gallowgateshots

Right up there with the best debuts.

That cross where he comes nearly halfway between the 6 yard box & penalty spot to claim. :smitten:

Easily one of my favourite games of the decade tbh, one of them that you can feel yourself almost vibrating from the tension for a good hour afterwards. :lol:

We’d just slipped into the bottom 3 before kick-off with how the earlier result had went. Was a massive game.

Aye, there was a 12pm kick off which went against us - watched it in the Old George (aww remember that!)!

We’d just slipped into the bottom 3 before kick-off with how the earlier result had went. Was a massive game.

Aye, there was a 12pm kick off which went against us - watched it in the Old George (aww remember that!)!

Aye, Huddersfield thrashed Bournemouth 4-1 iirc. Saw that in a rammed Bodega. Wonder when the next time rammed pubs pre match will be allowed. :weep:

Aye, Huddersfield thrashed Bournemouth 4-1 iirc. Saw that in a rammed Bodega. Wonder when the next time rammed pubs pre match will be allowed. :weep:

Ha ha I had a Google of it!

Don’t mention that mate - shite! Hate seeing footage currently of our fans whether it’s at a home or away match!

Saw the Ryan Taylor podcast posted the other day, just nearing the end watching it. Remember him playing for us well enough, but he goes under the radar for me - probably due to his injuries, but always liked him. Back then I had devoted higher powers to hating Pardew, James Perch, Jonas and Santon playing both on the left and cutting inside, and that lofted Willo back post corner routine, and unearthing Romain Amalfitano.

Really enjoyed listening to him speak on his time with us. This might sound simple, but he sounds like he actually likes fan(us), and Newcastle, whereas you listen to Kieron Dyer on True Geordie and there is a player who boils ya p*ss with how little he appreciates how much he was loved, and what Sir Bobby/Newcastle gave him. Even last week Darren Ambrose was talking fantastically in a few minute sound bite, whereas Jenas is on BT every weekend and I've never heard him speak about us that way - he's a 'Spurs guy' now.

Like organising the Christmas fancy dress, but rigging it to make sure he was a Basketballer because of his knee - eventually getting bored of carrying ball to fifth bar before Jonas boots in a river! Also telling that he said lads had 3 days for Christmas do, but French Lads weren't in the picture (HBA, Marvuex, Sissoko, Cabaye...).

Got shown a picture of a yound lad probably at training ground, getting Ryan to hold up a SMB on a white A4, and Ryan just says 'yeah I remember that, I knew what it was, it's just banter'. :angel:

It's probably the cynical side of me, but I just see that human side of banter/rivalry totally gone. Chances of Dan Barlaser, Adam Campbell giving it the biggun to Sunderland next time they play them - zero. Was refreshing to see Vardy's reaction to score at Bramhall Lane as a Sheff Wed fan before all the fans lockdown!

Might be interesting to some posters on here.

Weird that the questions are:

How many extra season tickets did you buy after Geordie Steve Bruce was appointed?

Who do you prefer, Rishi or IDS?

Who do you hate more, Sissoko or Rashford?

Guest chicken little

kev douglas off twitter is, of course, correct that it never used to be like this, but given that the only source telling us how juventus are shit-scared of nufc is the scoundrel freddie shepherd would suggest that it probably wasn't like this back then either.