The Board etc. etc.

NE5

thought I posted something here to the tune of it must be a good board that can attempt a project like that ... lets face it, shite little clubs that have all won trophies since we last did and were better than us for years won't be able to

Here's hoping. Looks great. Shame about the cost, but you can't have everything.

By the way is it not in the forum rules, that on any given topic you're supposed to stick to the topic at hand?  This is a great thread and it was nearly ruined by people harking on about Bellamy and Souness amongst other things yet again, I don't want anyone banned, but you have to consider certain members have been banned more than Vinny Jones, and a certain level of double standards exists.

Assuming that for some daft reason a topic is supposed to stay rigidly on topic throughout, why have you just taken this thread off topic with your moaning paragraph above? Or is the irony lost on you, mate?

By the way is it not in the forum rules, that on any given topic you're supposed to stick to the topic at hand?  This is a great thread and it was nearly ruined by people harking on about Bellamy and Souness amongst other things yet again, I don't want anyone banned, but you have to consider certain members have been banned more than Vinny Jones, and a certain level of double standards exists.

Assuming that for some daft reason a topic is supposed to stay rigidly on topic throughout, why have you just taken this thread off topic with your moaning paragraph above? Or is the irony lost on you, mate?

I was just commenting on the usual bollocks, half way through the thread, instigated by the usual nobheads. 

Back ON TOPIC, thank fuck we didn't end up in Washington sharing a 48,000 stadium with Sunderland which was mentioned about 1990.

The grass wouldn't grow at all.

Dave -  What's that got to do with "proposals for a new stadium that never happened", mate?

Mind you, am I allowed to say I agree with you and that the grass won't grow?

I didn't read most of the thread, I just looked at Grassroot's mock-ups and decided to comment. Whenever people say 'that looks great' i'm not sure i've ever seen anyone make the point that building those stands would mean there was little or no light or air movement getting onto the pitch. Considering the problems we've had before with a shit pitch it would be nigh-on impossible to maintain.

Dave -  What's that got to do with "proposals for a new stadium that never happened", mate?

I agree the grass might not grow. And I'm waiting for someone to say that this board is so shite it wouldn't happen until they are replaced, and I bet that the post wouldn't be deleted. Not that I think this is drifting off topic or owt, because I don't.

Guest Geordiesned

Hmmm, this will disappear soon, but for those who see it first thought I'd mention that the admin' doesn't appear to want posts on here he doesn't agree with.

Cheers

:lazy:

Guest TheOrder

I didn't read most of the thread, I just looked at Grassroot's mock-ups and decided to comment. Whenever people say 'that looks great' i'm not sure i've ever seen anyone make the point that building those stands would mean there was little or no light or air movement getting onto the pitch. Considering the problems we've had before with a shit pitch it would be nigh-on impossible to maintain.

We've got those big lights man!

As I said, I agree with you, the grass wouldn't grow. Thing is, I'm not allowed to say that had we done what we should have done and relocated to a larger stadium for less money, it could have been designed from scratch in such a way that the grass would grow.  It's actually an important point, the quality of the pitch is vital, as we've seen since SJP has been extended as it's cost us when it's been shit.

Guest Howaythetoon

I deleted them because they had fuck all to do with the topic, I'll also be splitting the off-topic posts into a new thread for anyone who wants to carry on those discussions.

Could you PM me details of any post that disagrees with admin being deleted?

Thanks.

There was 5 or 6 posts deleted earlier Dave.

Pointless bickering between the same people as normal as far as I can see. Take it to PM or create another thread to debate whatever issue it was or else posts will be deleted. Same rules for everyone.

I deleted them because they had fuck all to do with the topic, I'll also be splitting the off-topic posts into a new thread for anyone who wants to carry on those discussions.

The comment that we have a board who is capable enough to carry out such a project, despite you thinking otherwise, has everything to do with the topic.

Until it was deleted.

Could you PM me details of any post that disagrees with admin being deleted?

Thanks.

There was 5 or 6 posts deleted earlier Dave.

I deleted some of my own posts because the thread was turning to shit, I wasn't asked to delete them, I did it off my own back to try and stop the bickering, it doesn't seem to have worked.

I can't say I can see any others that have gone.

Does anyone have any side elevations of the Milburn? Ideally as a drawing like this pic here:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10201/normal_1990proposal1.jpg

Aren't we lucky to have a good board, rather than a shite one who couldn't possibly be capable of motivating us all to make such ambitious plans ?

After all, if we had a shite board like we used to have, it would take 80 years to do the job, just like the last time. Meaning we are all wasting our breath and would just end up disappointed.

Hmmm, this will disappear soon, but for those who see it first thought I'd mention that the admin' doesn't appear to want posts on here he doesn't agree with.

Cheers

Wonder if grass will delete your fucking useless post.

Cheers

Wonder if grass will delete your fucking useless post.

or my completely correct and relevant one I made a few minutes ago.

I deleted them because they had **** all to do with the topic, I'll also be splitting the off-topic posts into a new thread for anyone who wants to carry on those discussions.

In that case why is your tripe still there, Chris? What do photo's of the ground, put up in the context of a potential future development, have to do with a topic that is titled... " Stadium development proposals that never happened?????"

Don't you understand the difference between the past and the future, or are you happy for the original thread subject to move off-topic to another topic just so long as you agree with it ?

You're beyond belief. Bring back the old grassroots, even though you fucked up nufc.nu. Whatever happened to your plans, eh?

Dave, I'm sure I just made a post saying that I hope any developments don't take 80 years like the last time, but as we have a good board I'm confident they will deliver if its possible.

Has this been deleted because it's irrelevant - when its not, or because grass doesn't agree because it doesn't suit his claim that the current board are shite ?

I deleted them because they had **** all to do with the topic, I'll also be splitting the off-topic posts into a new thread for anyone who wants to carry on those discussions.

In that case why is your tripe still there, Chris? What do photo's of the ground, put up in the context of a potential future development, have to do with a topic that is titled... " Stadium development proposals that never happened?????"

Don't you understand the difference between the past and the future, or are you happy for the original thread subject to move off-topic to another topic just so long as you agree with it ?

You're beyond belief. Bring back the old grassroots, even though you fucked up nufc.nu. Whatever happened to your plans, eh?

Exactly. Deleting posts again that he doesn't agree with. What a bairn.

Dave, I'm sure I just made a post saying that I hope any developments don't take 80 years like the last time, but as we have a good board I'm confident they will deliver if its possible.

Has this been deleted because it's irrelevant - when its not, or because grass doesn't agree because it doesn't suit his claim that the current board are shite ?

Excellent conspiracy theory. Apart from http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,24322.msg453490.html#msg453490