Fabian Schär

Guest firetotheworks

That's class. I knew he'd had a good game, but hadn't realised just how much he nicked it off Vardy or intercepted before it got to Vardy.

The calmness is almost Woodgate-esque.

At about 0:50 on the video, a lot of players panic there.  Calmly looks for the space and plays it :aww:

I love that about him. Don't just hoof it anywhere, retain possession and get another attacking going.

Him, Jamaal and Lejeune are one of the best made back 3's ever. Fernandez can deputise Jamaal and Clark and Dummett for Lejeune. I think we need to offload one of Clark or Dummett and replace with someone who can play on the right side.

Him, Jamaal and Lejeune are one of the best made back 3's ever. Fernandez can deputise Jamaal.

I think we need to offload one of Clark or Dummett and replace with someone who can play on the right side.

The player I’d love to see us add to the collection is N’Soki.

Huge talent physically and technically would be a upgrade on Dummett/Clark.

Can play left wing back and midfield too :thup:

I've been critical of Schar's defending before, but that's quality. I note that it doesn't include when Maddison schooled him, but it was still a very impressive performance. He's proven to be more than an okay defender with a great pass

He’s an agressive defender and when he gets it right he’s fucking quality. Love that about him to be honest. His interceptions are brilliant because he’s always looking to counter fast and has ball skills to get us going very quickly.

Neutral fan at work (Palace fan) saying he thinks Schar is one of the best CB's hes seen in the league this season and we'll do very well to hold onto him, reckons he is already worth 5x what we paid for him.

Nice to hear the opinions of neutrals without the rose tinted specs on.

My brother is the same, thinks there's no way we'll keep him. He's my favourite player of ours by a long way at the moment

Neutral fan at work (Palace fan) saying he thinks Schar is one of the best CB's hes seen in the league this season and we'll do very well to hold onto him, reckons he is already worth 5x what we paid for him.

Shame Charnley didn’t put him on a long contract.

I think Fabian Schar is in a very strong position if a big club comes in over the next year.

My brother is the same, thinks there's no way we'll keep him. He's my favourite player of ours by a long way at the moment

It's probably the case that if Benitez stays, Schar will and probably Lascelles too. Must be a dream as a defender to work under the organisation of Rafa, far less chance to be exposed. The best defenders in the world can easily look poor if constantly exposed by those in front of them.