The 2018/19 Betting Thread

Kaizero

That's outrageous like. Sure they can argue it's in the T&Cs but I don't understand how they can get away with putting something so arbitrary in the small print. Why don't they hide away that if a goal doesn't hit the net, it doesn't count? Or if a corner is taken short, it doesn't count? Those make as much sense. You shouldn't have to go reading the small print for something so black and white.

the betvictor statement

Yesterday evening, we accepted a small number of bets on a #PriceItUp market, ‘Messi to score a penalty, Cavani to hit the woodwork and Barca to qualify’ at 125/1 in the Barcelona v PSG Champions League match.

Customers request this type of tailored bet via Twitter and our Trading and Social Media teams price up the requests and reply to customers.

We settled these particular bets as losers, as under our betting rules for #PriceItUp, which are listed on our website, we have the following rule regarding woodwork-related bets:

‘’For any bets involving players hitting the woodwork, the following rule will be applied: “The ball must make contact with the woodwork and come back in play from an attempt on the opponent’s goal during active play. Shots that hit the woodwork on their way into the goal will count.”

As Cavani’s shot against the woodwork didn’t rebound back into play, we settled these bets in line with the above rule, which was designed to prevent ambiguity around shots that may or may not have skimmed the woodwork.

However, we accept that in this case with #PriceItUp markets, these terms were not made clear within the individual bet, and, as such, have now settled all bets on this selection as winners. All of the customers involved have been individually contacted by us.

Moving forward, to avoid any confusion, we will update the relevant rule and publish it ahead of our next #PriceItUp fixture, which is scheduled to be next Monday 13th March for the FA Cup 6th Round clash between Chelsea and Manchester United.

We can confirm that any shot that hits any part of the woodwork will count going forward.

We apologise for any confusion caused.

Skims should count like, it still makes contact with the bar. If there's evidence the ball makes contact with the woodwork then they should pay out. Little ambiguity.

Aye, it's pretty clear that if it touches the bar in any way it should be counted

I've got a Terry Phelan that the in-play offer might be on for Chelsea vs Man Utd on Monday!

Doubt it, it's Cheltenham next week so there will be 5 days worth of the 4/1 winner offer instead of just the usual one on the Saturday.

Paully I hope you aren't on Ibra FGS or the draws in the darts later because I have just jinxed both of them!  :D

Bastard! Ha ha! The darts bet will never come in again mind!

Skybet enhanced Saturday;

NUFC

Everton

Leeds

13/2

£27.50 max!

Had £2.50 on Lewis, Wright, Anderson all to win and hit most 180s @ 36/1.

Fucking Anderson  :lol: Drew 4-4 on 180s and didn't hit one for about 7 legs after smashing out 4 in the opening couple.

Paully I hope you aren't on Ibra FGS or the draws in the darts later because I have just jinxed both of them!  :D

NUFC

Everton

Leeds

13/2

£27.50 max!

hmm, I like that one

NUFC

Everton

Leeds

13/2

£27.50 max!

hmm, I like that one

fuck