Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Maybe for the Europa League that was needed but in Australia you have access to every Premier League game live so I imagine it's just on their equivalent of Sky Sports & Sky Go app.

Saturday 3pms they have on a red button / BT Champions league style here. I remember the coverage of the Championship being pretty good too - remember they showed loads of our games live when we were in the Championship first time around.

Always thought that kind of access would be mint here, but would kill attendances I imagine.

Optus (a mobile phone/broadband company) have the rights, so it's streaming only- either through the app or there crappy fetch boxes.  SBS have the rights to 1 live game a week, plus the review show.

Lol @ Ant and Dec buying the Premier League rights to Australia - they went for $50 mil last time.

He's got most thing wrong today, we are playing at home against a side that should be equal to us, why play a negative formation, why put Yedlin at CB, why bring on Joselu who instead of holding it up like Rondon pretty much lost every ball, Kennedy should've come on much earlier than he did.

Yedlin as a third CB man. This loss is on Rafa.

Come on. I wasn't a fan of it either but Yedlin is a professional footballer. Playing at CB instead of RB doesn't mean we should expect him to forget how to defend. The fact that players like Yedlin are in the team at all is the reason we're shite.

The Yedlin at CB decision was somewhat understandable, like - they had one of the league's quickest players leading the line and were trying to wait for a moment to counter. Lascelles doesn't have Fernandez's ability to read the game so can understand why Rafa wanted pace at the back as cover.

Yedlin was in the same position as he would be if he was at RB when he miss controlled it, he just fucked up, moving him to CB was nothing to do with the error, aside maybe two centre halfs more central might have provided more cover.