The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

I enjoy a long ball team if its done well. And I mean an epic goalie kick, headed flick on by the big lump up front to set the one speedy midget in the side away and slot it past the keeper.

There is real beauty in a properly sprung counter-attack.

Which is to say, teams that play 'defend-and-counter' football can look just as graceful as teams playing possession football.

I mean, what sport has suffered because they added playoffs? Get rid of the league cup that no one cares about, move the league fixtures into those old LC spots. You only need three matches if you go one and done.

Top eight teams like in NBA/NHL make it. One and done. No legs, no agg. Final top eight standings determined by winner, 2nd place, winner of 3rd, loser of 3rd place playoff. Then 4-8 could be GD.

Gives every team something to play for all year. Midtable teams pushing for that 8th spot, get a chance to compete for the trophy.

Best team isn't always the team in first.

:lol: I'll fuck off. I'm just saying, is all.

:lol: Not trying to argue! It just fits in here, I think.

I mean, what sport has suffered because they added playoffs? Get rid of the league cup that no one cares about, move the league fixtures into those old LC spots. You only need three matches if you go one and done.

Top eight teams like in NBA/NHL make it. One and done. No legs, no agg. Final top eight standings determined by winner, 2nd place, winner of 3rd, loser of 3rd place playoff. Then 4-8 could be GD.

Gives every team something to play for all year. Midtable teams pushing for that 8th spot, get a chance to compete for the trophy.

Best team isn't always the team in first.

:lol: I'll fuck off. I'm just saying, is all.

:lol: Not trying to argue! It just fits in here, I think.

It's all an exercise in self-flaggelation to you, man. :lol:

:lol: I'm not looking to discuss shit about that damn thing. This thread is for like, one shot "I think something shit is great" posts, and I think something that people think is really shit is great.

Dortmund play the most exciting football in Europe. High pressing counter attacking is a thing of beauty.

Marco Reus is one of the best players in Europe.

Gotze is overrated.

Evra is better than Baines.

Come off it man. :lol:

Obviously Baines' set pieces are an asset, but I don't think there's anything in their defending and Evra is better going forward.

IM unpopular O.

To be fair Evra had a cracking season last year. Adding to the fact I support Manchester United and I absolutely adore Evra this is probably one of the rare cases where I'm a bit biased. :lol:

To be fair Evra had a cracking season last year. Adding to the fact I support Manchester United and I absolutely adore Evra this is probably one of the rare cases where I'm a bit biased. :lol:

When he scored that header against us last year I wanted the world to die. I can usually tolerate him but that literally sent me apoplectic.

When he scored that header against us last year I wanted the world to die. I can usually tolerate him but that literally sent me apoplectic.

I would have thought his goal in the 4-3 would have hurt more.

Typical for you guys like. He hasn't scored over a goal a season in 8 years with us. Last season he scores 4 and 2 are against NUFC. :lol: