Author Topic: General NUFC Thread  (Read 207517 times)

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
Re: General NUFC Thread
« Reply #3300 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 05:13:44 am »
I lived through it but I have no memory of the milburn stand been built it was like it just appeared one game

I remember. I also remember sitting in the old wooden west stand that was there prior to that, one such time watching the might of Frank Pingel back head the ball into the net for a draw with the best team in the land and Europe at the time, Liverpool. If you want to get an idea of how the first version of the milburn looked before L7, look at Watford's main stand, whoever designed ours made it an exact copy of theirs, it looks tiny compared to what is there now. And yes I still believe we should have moved to castle leazes back in the day, f*** the protesters. We wouldn't have the issues we have now with the lack of expansion possibilities. 

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #3301 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 05:23:28 am »
I lived through it but I have no memory of the milburn stand been built it was like it just appeared one game

I remember. I also remember sitting in the old wooden west stand that was there prior to that, one such time watching the might of Frank Pingel back head the ball into the net for a draw with the best team in the land and Europe at the time, Liverpool. If you want to get an idea of how the first version of the milburn looked before L7, look at Watford's main stand, whoever designed ours made it an exact copy of theirs, it looks tiny compared to what is there now. And yes I still believe we should have moved to castle leazes back in the day, f*** the protesters. We wouldn't have the issues we have now with the lack of expansion possibilities.

It's here. Small pic but I'm sure somebody can work some magic.

www.nufc.com/images/sjp7.jpg

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #3302 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 07:53:57 am »

It's here. Small pic but I'm sure somebody can work some magic.

www.nufc.com/images/sjp7.jpg

It’s been tarted up there, need to find a photo of it when The Gallogate was still terraced

Offline mickthemagpie

• General Member
« Reply #3303 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 08:04:24 am »

Me neither, must have drank an awful lot before games that season!!

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3304 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 04:58:16 pm »
My first ever match was the renaming of that stand. Jackie Milburn's wife was on the pitch, my ticket stub says "West Stand" (only cost £4.50!) and we beat Ipswich 2-1. Dad made us leave at 1-1 to avoid the crowds with me being 5 and I remember the roar of the crowd as we were getting into the car.
?s=21

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #3305 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 05:14:46 pm »
My first ever match was the renaming of that stand. Jackie Milburn's wife was on the pitch, my ticket stub says "West Stand" (only cost £4.50!) and we beat Ipswich 2-1. Dad made us leave at 1-1 to avoid the crowds with me being 5 and I remember the roar of the crowd as we were getting into the car.

What a .....

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #3306 on: Saturday 9 June 2018, 05:23:12 pm »

Ha ha, hope you forgave your dad.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #3307 on: Sunday 10 June 2018, 08:45:15 am »
Is Newcastle United closed, no news on any incoming transfers, no news on any outgoing transfers, no news on any refurbishment of the stadium or training ground, no news on Rafa and I can't even go and renew my season ticket.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #3308 on: Sunday 10 June 2018, 10:35:23 am »
Is Newcastle United closed, no news on any incoming transfers, no news on any outgoing transfers, no news on any refurbishment of the stadium or training ground, no news on Rafa and I can't even go and renew my season ticket.

When Ashley goes on holiday the club effectively shuts the doors.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #3309 on: Sunday 10 June 2018, 10:49:41 am »

They are in the top secret bunker, the monitor bunker which is located 3 meters deep in the bore hole. They wanted it deeper from the beginning but the drilling company didn't need any football socks.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #3310 on: Tuesday 12 June 2018, 05:14:00 pm »
I follow Gini on IG and he's randomly hanging out with Steven Taylor on a beach somewhere.  :lol:

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #3311 on: Tuesday 12 June 2018, 05:37:40 pm »
I follow Gini on IG and he's randomly hanging out with Steven Taylor on a beach somewhere.  :lol:

I just picture Taylor spotting him out of his hotel window and shouting "Gini!" over and over as he sprints down the beach after him, wearing his sushi t shirt. "Remember me Gini? It's Tayls, from Newcastle. Steven Taylor, number 27."

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • This house is bitchin.

Offline geordiesteve710

• General Member
« Reply #3313 on: Saturday 16 June 2018, 08:15:20 am »
https://www.wsn.com/blog/dirtiest-players-teams-premier-league-infographic

:lol: to me that just shows how soft football has got as a sport. There's only one remotely "dirty" player in that whole team, Shawcross, and even he kept his nose relatively clean last season!!
Log on to the N-O forum.
Check the transfer thread in the vague hope we might be going to spend some money, get p*ssed off.
Move to the Mike Ashley thread because I'm p*ssed off, get more p*ssed off.
Come to this thread to cheer myself up a bit.
Leave.
Repeat.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3314 on: Saturday 16 June 2018, 08:19:19 am »
What happened to getting into Europe via the Fair Play League? Does this even exist anymore?

?s=21

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #3315 on: Sunday 17 June 2018, 12:29:00 pm »
No.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #3316 on: Sunday 17 June 2018, 09:49:46 pm »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/long-serving-newcastle-united-goalkeeper-14794107

Chris Terpcou off to Arsenal.

Why do Arsenal look at our staff and decide that it's our goalkeeping coaching that is excelling? :lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3317 on: Monday 18 June 2018, 07:48:25 am »
Krul, Forster, Woodman...
?s=21

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
« Reply #3318 on: Monday 18 June 2018, 08:50:46 am »
Are all average at best.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3319 on: Monday 18 June 2018, 08:57:47 am »
Two international keepers and one who's got the potential to be what he wants. As good a set of keepers to come out of any Academy tbh.
?s=21

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #3320 on: Monday 18 June 2018, 10:41:32 am »
Yes but our coaching just wore keepers down and made them worse before Smith came back  :lol:

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #3321 on: Monday 18 June 2018, 10:45:27 am »
Injuries f***ed Krul over. Forster was just never going to stay once the club decided Krul was the one they'd plumped for.
?s=21

Offline Altamullan

• General Member
  • 1969-71, 1978, 1995, 1997-2000, 2003-05. 2019?
« Reply #3322 on: Tuesday 19 June 2018, 04:31:37 am »
Keepers and England songs (Take Me Home, last tournament and Mbemba song last night). Perhaps that is what we’re good at.
No se ganó Zamora en una hora y lo barato sale caro

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • This house is bitchin.
« Reply #3323 on: Monday 2 July 2018, 09:28:03 pm »
Were the players back training today? Normally the socials make a big song and dance about it, but there has been nothing today.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3324 on: Monday 2 July 2018, 09:29:57 pm »
Were the players back training today? Normally the socials make a big song and dance about it, but there has been nothing today.

Quote from: NUFC.com
Mon 02.07.2018 Pre-season training begins at Darsley Park