Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

NUFC hoping to push ahead with signing of Andros Townsend over next few days. Fitness plan has been devised for him. Player wants to sign.

Craig Hope

Guest Roger Kint

Deadline for playing this weekend is under 3 hours away, why cant these wankers try and sign players before deadlines? Its hardly a secret all of this, why leave it so late when our bench is dogshit? If we didnt piss about Shelvey/Saivet could have been on the bench on Tuesday too. Clowns.

I'd like Townsend but not at the expense of Sissoko or Wijnaldum. As a replacement for Sissoko (potentially), I'd have to wait and see how he settles here.

You won't see me arguing for increasing the amount of English players at the club.

I'd like Townsend but not at the expense of Sissoko or Wijnaldum. As a replacement for Sissoko (potentially), I'd have to wait and see how he settles here.

You won't see me arguing for increasing the amount of English players at the club.

why would he replace wijnaldum? surely he wont be shifted out wide after his last 2 displays?

Guest Roger Kint

Hes left footed, right? Can he play as a wide left winger, or can he only play as cut inside shoot and miss right winger?

Apparently he had a good spell playing LW when he came through but gradually played RW more then started to do that

I didn't give a toss about the £12m spent on Shelvey.  As I think he's what we need and it wasn't actually a bad price. 

But £12m for a Spurs reserve player, who isn't even that good, is just ridiculous.

Is Charnley looking at Cabella and Thauvin, thinking that we can't afford to get anymore wide men from abroad?  So he's settling on a shit English player, for the same money.  All because he's 'proven' in the premier league.

Don't like the idea of signing him.  Think he's a bit of a headless chicken and has always been wildly inconsistent. 

Guest Roger Kint

The Chronicle is nowhere near reliable enough to consider a thread like. Poor show.

its in more than the chron, to be fair.

:lol: Liam making out like this is brand new information. Seem to have been about to sign him for months now

why would he replace wijnaldum? surely he wont be shifted out wide after his last 2 displays?

Ask our Rocket Schientisht of a manager. Anything's possible.

i'm not at all happy about this, but playing devils advocate for a moment, if we played him on the left wing and left him there for a number of games till his fitness and form returned could he not do some sort of job?

I didn't give a toss about the £12m spent on Shelvey.  As I think he's what we need and it wasn't actually a bad price. 

But £12m for a Spurs reserve player, who isn't even that good, is just ridiculous.

Is Charnley looking at Cabella and Thauvin, thinking that we can't afford to get anymore wide men from abroad?  So he's settling on a s*** English player, for the same money.  All because he's 'proven' in the premier league.

Don't like the idea of signing him.  Think he's a bit of a headless chicken and has always been wildly inconsistent. 

Said this a few times, so I won't harp on, why do you care about the fee?

Only question is will he improve us or not? Surely?