Group C - France, Australia, Peru, Denmark - FRA & DEN advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

France

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (Marseille), Alphonse Areola (Paris St-Germain).

Defenders: Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (Paris St-Germain), Benjamin Mendy (Manchester City), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart), Adil Rami (Marseille), Djibril Sidibe (Monaco), Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: N'Golo Kante (Chelsea), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus), Steven N'Zonzi (Sevilla), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich).

Forwards: Ousmane Dembele (Barcelona), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Thomas Lemar (Monaco), Kylian Mbappe (Paris St-Germain), Florian Thauvin (Marseille).

Australia

Goalkeepers: Brad Jones (Feyenoord), Mat Ryan (Brighton), Danny Vukovic (Genk).

Defenders: Aziz Behich (Bursaspor), Milos Degenek (Yokohama F. Marinos), Matthew Jurman (Suwon Samsung Blue Wings), James Meredith (Millwall), Josh Risdon (Western Sydney), Trent Sainsbury (Grasshopper Zurich).

Midfielders: Jackson Irvine (Hull City), Mile Jedinak (Aston Villa), Robbie Kruse (VfL Bochum), Massimo Luongo (QPR), Mark Milligan (Al-Ahli), Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield), Tom Rogic (Celtic), Tim Cahill (Millwall).

Forwards: Daniel Arzani (Melbourne City), Tomi Juric (Luzern), Mathew Leckie (Hertha Berlin), Andrew Nabbout (Urawa Red Diamonds), Dimitri Petratos (Newcastle Jets), Jamie Maclaren (Hibernian).

Peru

Goalkeepers: Pedro Gallese (Veracruz), Carlos Caceda (Deportivo Municipal), Jose Carvallo (UTC).

Defenders: Aldo Corzo (Universitario), Luis Advincula (Lobos Buap), Christian Ramos (Veracruz), Miguel Araujo (Alianza Lima), Alberto Rodriguez (Atletico Junior), Anderson Santamaria (Puebla), Miguel Trauco (Flamengo), Nilson Loyola (Melgar).

Midfielders: Renato Tapia (Feyenoord), Pedro Aquino (Leon), Yoshimar Yotun (Orlando City), Paolo Hurtado (Vitoria Guimaraes), Christian Cueva (Sao Paulo), Edison Flores (Aalborg), Andy Polo (Portland Timbers), Wilder Cartagena (Veracruz).

Forwards: Andre Carrillo (Benfica), Raul Ruidiaz (Morelia), Jefferson Farfan (Lokomotiv Moscow), Paolo Guerrero (Flamengo).

Denmark

Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Frederik Ronnow (Brondby), Jonas Lossl (Huddersfield).

Defenders: Simon Kjaer (Sevilla), Mathias Jorgensen (Huddersfield), Andreas Christensen (Chelsea), Henrik Dalsgaard (Brentford), Jannik Vestergaard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese), Jonas Knudsen (Ipswich).

Midfielders: Christian Eriksen (Tottenham), Lasse Schone (Ajax), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Deportivo La Coruna), Thomas Delaney (Werder Bremen), William Kvist (FC Copenhagen), Lukas Lerager (Bordeaux).

Forwards: Andreas Cornelius (Atalanta), Kasper Dolberg (Ajax), Martin Braithwaite (Middlesbrough), Nicolai Jorgensen (Feyenoord), Pione Sisto (Celta Vigo), Viktor Fischer (FC Copenhagen), Yussuf Poulsen (RB Leipzig).

Australia is only paying $4.61 to go pointless. Not even worth the consolation coin when the inevitable happens...  :'(

Not looking forward to this at all :lol:. The one consolation is that they're up against two Spurs guys when they get lamped. Honestly, I'd take a point as a great result.

France will get 1st, but who gets 2nd is interesting.

I fancy Peru, but Denmark clearly could finish 2nd. Going to be tough for the Aussies, but you never know.

I can see Peru winning this group tbh. They're a solid side. Have gotten some pretty decent results lately. I mean, France is clearly favourites, but they're a bit inconsistent.

France have a great squad. Them along with Germany and Spain have some downright ridiculous depth. So jealous. But for whatever reason, people really like Australia here. I asked around and it's mostly those who are not really into football, nobody can name a player aside from Cahill and that skinhead from Hudd. But them and Iceland will have quite a few locals' support. Go figure.

Denmark are tidy, absolutely love Eriksen. Sisto is insanely popular because his last name can be translated as Titso in Russian :lol: But no Bendtner. Not fair.

Peruvians are everywhere. Hordes of them. I discovered their cuisine a while ago when in Miami, loved it ever since. So many lovely girls as well. It was reported, that there were like 10k of them in and around the city center yesterday :lol:

When I calmly told anyone who would listen that you shouldn't read crime reports from Lima or Bogota and dread all "those people" from Peru and Colombia coming over, because it costs a fortune to get from SA here and the people who would go are all mint and party animals - I was ridiculed. Granted, those who did not believe me are the same people who still whine about pretty much everything and don't even follow football otherwise. But who was right? A flipping party. Even our polite but very strict OB don't do anything when some Argies or Mexicans drink gigatons of beer in the parks and squares, and it is illegal to have an open container of alcohol in public. I know, I got fined like three times in three different cities :lol:

Plus, the Guerreiro factor. That was so touching, like :lol: And every Lokomotiv fan I know is absolutely supporting Farfan and hoping that those other Peruvian lads they are linked with are quality and end up signing for them. Just like the Mexicans and Chileans at the Confederations Cup - these guys will charm the hell out of people and many will be on their side. On a sidenote, people loved the Chilean fans here even though they had two moronic rival club incidents between them, one involving a stabbing near Red Square. There was even an official apology from their Amabassador. And we still hoped they would win.

Solano man. What a solid player he was. For a variety of reasons, Asprilla will always be my favorite NUFC player. But Solano was great. I remember wondering why they don't have a decent national team if guys like that play. Time flies.

France have a great squad. Them along with Germany and Spain have some downright ridiculous depth. So jealous. But for whatever reason, people really like Australia here. I asked around and it's mostly those who are not really into football, nobody can name a player aside from Cahill and that skinhead from Hudd. But them and Iceland will have quite a few locals' support. Go figure.

I'm not saying this France side aren't one of the favourites and have a good squad. But the talk about their depth makes me think they might have the most overrated World Cup squad of all time. As a spectator of every PSG game Mbappé is still very raw and the difference in ability between him and Cavani & Neymar is still quite large. I'm pretty sure he'll be the best one day, but he's not anywhere near them at this moment in his career, makes some awful decisions consistently and same goes for Dembele. Their midfield has big names, but none except Kante actually belong as top 10 in their positions. Their central defense pairing is strong but doesn't come near Brazils, Spains or Germany's and their fullbacks are inexperienced or have had injury riddled seasons in Mendy, Sidibe, Hernandez and Pavard. Their goalkeeper is a wildcard as well, Lloris can have a great games but is equally susceptible to make mistakes.

They have two players at the top level, in Kante and Griezemann. They're probably going to win it all now I've said this, but I get a feeling that all this hype is built from FIFA and facebook videos rather than there actual performance in their clubs this season. Although, I think Deschamps did the right thing in benching Giroud for Dembele as they looked much more dangerous with Dembele in the side than with Giroud. Too predictable when the big guy plays up top.